Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OFFICIAL Texas Rangers thread

Discuss all things Rangers.

What is on your wish list for the offseason? What do you think our starting rotation should be for 2011? What do we do with 3rd base? What about DH? If Clint Hurdle becomes the manager for another team, who do we pick up as our hitting coach?

i'm still wondering where lee is going or are we gonna lose all are good player's.

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe
      i'm still wondering where lee is going or are we gonna lose all are good player's.
      Yeah, the Cliff Lee situation won't be resolved any time soon. I really hope we keep him, a rotation with him, Cj, and Colby is going to be tough to beat.

My main concern is getting a good defensive 3rd baseman and moving Young to DH. I love Young, but he is a liability on defense.

Comment

We need some sort of GD bullpen for fucks sake.

Comment

Originally posted by 80coupe
          Vlad and Molina are the only two impact players that aren't under contract next season. There is plenty of money to sign whatever free agents they want, it's just a matter of being smart about it. Chan Ho Park can't happen again!

They need a solid DH, a catcher that can hit more than his weight and a good utility infielder. Berkman is on the radar if he's cheap enough, Vlad will probably be back, Victor Martinez and John Buck will be getting visits from the Rangers. I'm also fairly confident they'll find another gem within their ranks to be a solid #3 starter if Lee leaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor
            We need some sort of GD bullpen for fucks sake.
            x eleventybillion

I would damn near turn the game off everytime Oliver walked out. That fucker is almost a guaranteed score for the opponent on the first pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo
              x eleventybillion

I would damn near turn the game off everytime Oliver walked out. That fucker is almost a guaranteed score for the opponent on the first pitch.
              Oliver or O'Day, take your pick, at least in the postseason. Ridamdiculous.

Comment

The bullpen was lights out during the regular season, but they struggled in the playoffs.

I don't know if the issues with the bullpen in the post season was due to nerves or what. I feel comfortable with Ogando and Feliz, the other guys are questionable... especially Oliver.

Comment

I was really disappointed in Holland for the most part.

Comment

Steal the Giants pitching staff? We are in dire need of a bullpen without a doubt. The Giants completely shut us down with their pitching, and Cliff Lee looked more like a human than a robot. That begs the question of, "How much is left and what is he worth?" If we lose Clint Hurdle, I still think we'll be okay. The fundamental principles are still there. I'm still depressed about the WS.

Comment

And Hurdle is gone...to coach the Pirates.
                      Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_marc
                        And Hurdle is gone...to coach the Pirates.
                        Saw that... wonder who we will bring in. I think Clint did some really good stuff for our players, I liked our approach (with the exception of Vlad) at the plate, and lots of players seemed to thrive under him.

Comment

Feliz took AL rookie of the year.

Fack Jeter and that Gold Glove. There is no way he deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86
                            Feliz took AL rookie of the year.

Fack Jeter and that Gold Glove. There is no way he deserved it.
                            I agree! Good to see Feliz earn the award, now to get Hamilton his MVP.

Comment

I hope that they give the hitting coach job to Johnny Narron. He is a close family friend and he knows his stuff. He was working along with Hurdle last year as well as being Josh's mentor/keeper.

Comment

Working...
                              X