Wreck on the Tollway caught on video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wreck on the Tollway caught on video

I didnt see where this was posted...evidently this happened last month, looked painful.

LOL @

"He says that when he broached the subject of riding again with his fiancée, her response was: "That's not gonna happen anymore.""

Comment

Maston approves of this thread.

Comment

He's damn lucky. I know that sounds crazy, but it could have been a helluva lot worse.

Comment

Damn that guy is one lucky sumbitch. I am speechless about the unlicensed/uninsured driver of the Taurus/Sable not being arrested. He should have been beaten and tased right there on the scene and then dragged to the jail.

Comment

Oh yeah he's lucky. I actually worry about being rearended 10X more than anything else.
            Probably because I've been rearended in cars about 3 times.
            It's all these fucking idiots that don't pay attention and endanger everyone and get off essentially scott free - WTF? not arrested ? you can go wave a gun around , outside your house , not threaten anyone or pull the trigger and you will be arrested. You can tell any stranger Iwill kill you and be arrested, but you can pilot a 4000 pound car with NOTHING legal and not really suffer any serious legal consequences for it , WTF?

"The driver of the car that hit him, he says, had no driver's license and no insurance. He received multiple citations, including one for failure to control his vehicle's speed, but he wasn't arrested."

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
              Oh yeah he's lucky. I actually worry about being rearended 10X more than anything else.
              Probably because I've been rearended in cars about 3 times.
              It's all these fucking idiots that don't pay attention and endanger everyone and get off essentially scott free - WTF? not arrested ? you can go wave a gun around , outside your house , not threaten anyone or pull the trigger and you will be arrested. You can tell any stranger Iwill kill you and be arrested, but you can pilot a 4000 pound car with NOTHING legal and not really suffer any serious legal consequences for it , WTF?

"The driver of the car that hit him, he says, had no driver's license and no insurance. He received multiple citations, including one for failure to control his vehicle's speed, but he wasn't arrested."
              I almost always attempt to go around cause I also have no trust in anyone's ability to pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                Maston approves of this thread.
                Nah, that guy was driving responsibly. I only would approve if it was a guy doing 110+ between two cars like I saw yesterday.

The driver of the car who hit him had no license or insurance and did no jail time?? That's fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Needs 8 View Post
                  Nah, that guy was driving responsibly. I only would approve if it was a guy doing 110+ between two cars like I saw yesterday.

The driver of the car who hit him had no license or insurance and did no jail time?? That's fucked up.
                  if he was doing 110+ between two cars, he wouldn't have gotten rear ended!

womp
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

when i am riding in traffic like that i am always in the far left or far right lane and am close to the shoulder. when the traffic bunches up like that and you have to come to a complete stop i will veer off slightly and stop almost to the side of the vehicle in front of me. also i am watching my mirrors to see if the person behind me is gonna stop

riding like that has kept me from being smushed between a tahoe and an explorer. i was on 30 going east and the traffic slowed down real fast to a stop just like on that video, i did my normal veer slightly off to the shoulder and noticed the explorer in my mirror coming up real fast. driver hit their brakes and stopped about 3 feet from the back of the tahoe...

i looked at the driver of the explorer and it was some stupid white girl talking on her fucking cell phone i really wanted to drag her out of her car and smack her around a few times with her cell phone but i settled for just flipping her the bird and kept on going. i know, i'm totally a badass

i have spoke to a lot of other riders and about half agree with it and half dont. the other half say that the shoulder has dirt and gravel and i am more likely to wash out in that than come to a complete stop. while i agree with them on that i would rather wash out than get smushed between 2 vehicles

Comment

to me i always think of a way out of that too, like grove rat.
                      But I see a lot of cars do that too, swerve to the left when they can't brake enough.

I just wonder WTF would I really do , and could I do it fast enough if I noticed not able to stop.
                      I would definitely jump off my bike with no hesitation and run or jump even maybe if I could clear the hood. I don't know if it would help or not but it doesn't seem like it could hurt unless you drop a nice bike and mess the paint up when they stopped in time.

the thing that gets me is this though. many people are so stupid now and not paying attention, it's not that they can't stop, it that's they don't even know they need to stop because they aren't looking. In that scenario they may not be going unusually fast, or even attempt to hit the brakes.
                      WTF are you gonna do about that ?
                      nothing.

I think the real solution in this is to not drive in traffic. Rearendings are high in heavy traffic, because of stupid cagers. So not riding in traffic , or as little as possible is great.
                      Like my friend said - don't commute on your bike.
                      I don't like it, but it's a valid point within the context of this thread.

It seems not commuting would greatly lower the chances of the ones you definitely can't do anything about.

Comment

No license, no insurance, bodily harm to the rider, not paying attention 100% at fault wreck....wtf does it take to get arrested?

Why do I get the feeling if I did the same thing, I'd need bailed out?
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Are you allowed on the tollway with a bike, now?

EDIT: also, way to betrothe a dream-killer, Zacharie Perez.
                          Last edited by YALE; 04-26-2011, 11:50 AM.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

No insurance? No license?

I'm guessing illegal immigrant?

But they aren't doing anyone harm.......They just want to work.
                            :shock:

Comment

It's always easy to be all arm-chair QB in these situations, but avoid first, brake 2nd.

If you're panic braking chances are you are out braking the cars behind you. Watch yourself!

If you need to slam on the brake line up near the stripe and watch your mirrors. You can split the lane and avoid getting ass punched if need be.

I'm always on the stripe at a red light, can gun it forward if need be. Saved my ass for sure about 9 years ago.
                              US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                              X