Pork Loin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pork Loin

Well I experimented with a 4lb pork loin tonight. Put a little garlic and pepper on it, wrapped it in cheap bacon then cooked it at 225 for 5 hours. Holy crap it came out good. I had to put it away so I did'nt eat half of it. Electric smoker with pecan wood chips.

Whos your Daddy?

LOL, love me some pork loin. I usually just grill the apple bourbon Hormel ones. No extra smoke or bacon required.

Comment

Pork, loin especially, is so versatile. Buy the plain ones, and the possibilities are endless.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

MMM bacon wrapped in .. bacon. Brilliant! I smoked a ham and a chicken last weekend, and they were awesome! I always seem to make too much food though.
        WRX

Comment

pork loin is good stuff. I like the hormel lemon pepper one.

I also like the sliced pork loins from Costco to throw on the grill. They are an inch or more thick and you can marinate/spice them up however you want.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
            MMM bacon wrapped in .. bacon. Brilliant! I smoked a ham and a chicken last weekend, and they were awesome! I always seem to make too much food though.
            This was a very low carb treat. LOL Yeah the good thing about a small electric smoker is I dont feel the need to smoke alot of stuff because it is so easy to use. When I use to have to crank up the big wood fire it as such a chore I over did the quantities and ended up giving a bunch away.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Actually grilling some loins right now.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Pork, loin especially, is so versatile. Buy the plain ones, and the possibilities are endless.
                Dude, I had a beef brisket up here that had pork fat rubbed into the top to cook, and fuck all, it was awesome!
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  Dude, I had a beef brisket up here that had pork fat rubbed into the top to cook, and fuck all, it was awesome!
                  Sounds good, but I bet it takes a lot of pork fat to even give the slightest bit of flavor with beef. I wonder how they do it, too. Stuff it between the meat and the fat cap, or what?

With pork loin, I do one that is a spicey dry rub with a fire roasted salsa, one that's easy as hell but tasty is a plain pork loin, two jars of tomatillo or homemade tomatillo salsa in a crock pot all day. Serve on corn tortillas, or over rice. Or you can make any of the pre-seasoned ones on your own, or with a twist that taste better. You can smoke them, cook in the oven, on the grill, etc.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

From what I could tell, he was using it on trimmed brisket, injecting it, and draping it on top. It was weird, but delicious.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                    X