Are bodybuggs accurate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are bodybuggs accurate?

man they are pricey!! but i want to be able to track my overall calorie burnage throughout the day. would help me ensure that i'm in the deficit i want to be at daily.

thanks for any info.

My wife uses on and all the tests I read about them indicate there are accurate to within either 5% or 1-2% - can't remember.

I concur they are pricey so I read up on them before we got one. However, it is a handy device to have.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I have an expensive GPS exercise device. It also does calories but it wouldn't work for all day.

There is a blog by some guy going by the name dcrainmaker. He tests all sorts of exercise electronic gear. You might want to read his blog to see if he has tested a bodybug and to see other options.

Comment

Check out Polar they are the top HR watches out there. I have a RS800CX and love it. I have been wearing their stuff for around 12 years and have yet to have one fail on me.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I hear they're accurate. One thing I do like is that the newer ones work with your smartphone so that you don't have to keep up with it over the website, or with a $75 watch that has to be paired to it.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            I hear they're accurate. One thing I do like is that the newer ones work with your smartphone so that you don't have to keep up with it over the website, or with a $75 watch that has to be paired to it.
            Wait, aren't you supposed to push them like they are going out of style?

Honestly, it was the wife's PT (24 hour) that suggested it. Red flags went up since I was confident there were kick backs to him. I don't care if it works as advertised and it seems to.

Also, there are not many places to get a huge price break on it.

Anyway, even if the calorie count is not 100% accurate - it would at a minimum determine what is helping burn more calories and what is not. It was specifically important for her diet and the eat often thing for her to see the results of that.

Plus, anyone can use it then if you have multiple people in your household.

It is pricey though.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
            X