AC hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC hookup

do we have a hook-up on AC work? I need approximately 13lbs of R-22 and so far haven't been able to find a price I can stomach.

Long story short, I had the air handler replaced over the winter and knowing that I was going to replace the condensor before summer, we didn't connect it back. The guy that did the work pulled the refrigerant into the condensor. So fast forward to now, plans have changed. The guy that was going to do the work stiffed me with my money and now I need to reconnect the old unit. I resolder the lines, open the valve and nothing....I'm guessing he didn't tighten them down good enough when he pulled it into the compressor. so anyway, I need the system vac'd and recharged...or depending on the cost of that, I may have to find a way to replace the unit.

armando
    972-877-1990

just tell him that brad said to call.

Comment

I just replaced my evaporator coil myself to save money (about $1000 parts and labor) After I got done with the new evaporator install, it cost me $350 to have the system evacuated and recharged with 5 lbs of R22 (2.5 ton unit). The freon was $25 a pound. The labor made up the rest of the bill. Let me know if you want to know who did it.

Comment

I have my auto ac license which allows me to be R22 and have the gauges as well if you want to use them and fill yourself. Just need a moderately warm day and watch the gauges as you fill. Pretty simple process. Hardest part of the whole thing is hooking up and unhooking gauges

Comment

Im more than happy to work a deal with you....give me a call i am licensed and insured

-Donnie
          214 875 0239
          81 LX
          82 GT

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG.;219730
            [B
            I resolder the lines,[/B] open the valve and nothing....I'm guessing he didn't tighten them down good enough when he pulled it into the compressor. so anyway, I need the system vac'd and recharged...or depending on the cost of that, I may have to find a way to replace the unit.
            I hope you mean welded..... Regular solder will NOT last very long with the pressures a ac system operates under. High side on a R22 system will be at 260 or so psi. If you used solder you need to have it redone before charging the system.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyedwillie View Post
              I hope you mean welded..... Regular solder will NOT last very long with the pressures a ac system operates under. High side on a R22 system will be at 260 or so psi. If you used solder you need to have it redone before charging the system.
              You don't weld copper.

Comment

I have r410 systems which operate almost double pressure than R22 and all my lines are soldered.
                Originally posted by The King
                I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Originally posted by General View Post
                  You don't weld copper.
                  Bullsh*t!!!!

Soldering is done at about 800 degrees
                  AC lines are welded with silfoss (spelling?) a silver based rod at 1600 degrees!!
                  You have to use some kind of oxygen enrichment (which is welding) to get it this hot.
                  If he soldered the lines together then they WILL crack and leak in about 6 months to a year. I have seen some unscrupulose tech use this so they get a call back and can charge for another call and more refrigerant.

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
                    I have r410 systems which operate almost double pressure than R22 and all my lines are soldered.
                    Did you do the soldering? or are you just going on the appearance of the joint? The joint looks like a solder job but since it's a silver alloy and not lead it's MUCH stronger and it takes ALOT more heat to melt. Lead solder melts at 800 or so degrees silfoss melts at 1600. 800 degrees is soldering 1600 is welding

Comment

Did you do the soldering? or are you just going on the appearance of the joint? The joint looks like a solder job but since it's a silver alloy and not lead it's MUCH stronger and it takes ALOT more heat to melt. Lead solder melts at 800 or so degrees silfoss melts at 1600. 800 degrees is soldering 1600 is welding

The color is silver.
                      Originally posted by The King
                      I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
                        The color is silver.
                        Since Silfoss is between 5 and 15% silver depending on which rod you use the color IS silver.

Comment

Aren't you confusing the term "welding" with brazing? AC lines are not welded. They are either soldered or brazed. Brazing is performed at higher temperatures than soldering (typically around 1600 degrees).

High silver content solder will work just fine for sweating A/C lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Hicompression View Post
                            Aren't you confusing the term "welding" with brazing? AC lines are not welded. They are either soldered or brazed. Brazing is performed at higher temperatures than soldering (typically around 1600 degrees).

High silver content solder will work just fine for sweating A/C lines.
                            Solder if you want to but I believe I've make my opinion clear in a previous post about the ethic of someone that solders a ac line set for a customer.

Comment

The proper term is brazing.
                              81 LX
                              82 GT

Comment

Working...
                              X