Reloading press & work bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloading press & work bench

Long story short I have a family member moving and getting rid of a ton of junk that's been in the storage shed for years. I'm told there's a perfectly good reloading press that I can have if I can dig it out. As of right now I have no clue what kind it is, so that'll be determined.

My question is will these things mount up to any sort of work bench or table? I'm in a 1 bedroom apartment and I have plenty of room, I just don't have any sort of work bench or work table. With that being said, how would you set one up?

Just go out and buy a work bench and bolt it up?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

It's been my experience, Greg, that the best thing to do is be the first person on the scene for stuff like that, cherry pick as much of the best junk, and sell what you don't need. If there's a press in there, there may be a ton of other reloading gear in there like a tumbler, bullets, powder, etc, that others don't know is reloading gear, and may just think is junk. Get it all!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

If only we had some sort of obscure and unnecessary sub-forum for reloading questions.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
          If only we had some sort of obscure and unnecessary sub-forum for reloading questions.
          See post #2.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
            Originally posted by Big A View Post
            See post #2.
            For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

So it's not in the sub-forum, at least it's in the right forum section.
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                So it's not in the sub-forum, at least it's in the right forum section.
                That lack of attention to detail when reloading may get ya hurt.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                  That lack of attention to detail when reloading may get ya hurt.

I'll be doing a lot of reading up on the whole process before I ever reload my first round.

Comment

Shit Greg, Bring it over to my house, you know we got all the the stuff to make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post

I'll be doing a lot of reading up on the whole process before I ever reload my first round.
                      This is what i did man. I did a ton of reading and watching videos. Also went to CJ for some info and explanation. I'm about to do about 500 rounds of .223 and about 100 rounds of 40 cal this week. Hopefully the press is good. If you want i'll send you a setup of mine and it isn't very fancy, but it works. I don't think you need a "work bench".

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                        This is what i did man. I did a ton of reading and watching videos. Also went to CJ for some info and explanation. I'm about to do about 500 rounds of .223 and about 100 rounds of 40 cal this week. Hopefully the press is good. If you want i'll send you a setup of mine and it isn't very fancy, but it works. I don't think you need a "work bench".
                        I'm definitely getting some pointers from CJ. I'd actually like to see how you have your press set up.

Comment

I bumped the thread in the reloading section. The picture is at the bottom. It doesn't look like much but when its weighed down i can give the handle a lot of force and it not rock.

Comment

I would make the bench yourself, if it was me. if you pick up 1 sheet of 4x8 3/4" MDF, you can double up for 1.5" thick bench, brace it with 2x4's and run beams 10" from center on both sides and it should be nice and rigid to reload on. Probably cost you around $50 to build it right.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                            X