Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helmet cleaning help, please!

Gentlemen,
    What are you using to shine/buff/polish your bike helmets? What if there are light scratches or swirl marks, can you recommend a product? Something that can be picked up locally preferably, and not ordered?

Also, what is the best product to fill faceshield scratches/abrasions?

TIA for the feedback.

-Brad

ole windex

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      ole windex
      lol.. ye 'ole windex eh?

I already use that as wank lube and genital wart remover.

What else?

Comment

I generally use soap/water and would just replace the shield if it was scratched.

Bike spirits - spray cleaner & polish, licensed the original Honda Polish formula that is petroleum based. It may be harsh for the environment (why Honda changed their formula) but, It's the absolute best product to do the final shine on a clean bike.

Probably going to try some on my helmet today, but my helmet is already in good shape.
        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I always washed it with whatever I washed the car with (Meguiar's usually) and finished it up with some spray on quick detailer. I would think any automotive product would be fine on a helmet but that's just my thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
            ole windex
            x2

Comment

Warm soapy water, and replace the visor if it's scratched. Use any type of spray polish to give it a little shine.

Comment

windex on the lense is a no-go. it will weaken the lense and can cause it to shatter on impact. only use warm water with a HINT of dish soap.

Comment

Touch of dish soap and warm water..
                  No clothes just my hands...

I Never use Windex... the ammonium in windex plays hell on plastics...

Comment

Originally posted by Justa4Banger View Post
                    Touch of dish soap and warm water..
                    No clothes just my hands...

I Never use Windex... the ammonium in windex plays hell on plastics...
                    I use the windex with no ammonia. I should start using dish soap with the new lid.

Comment

Working...
                    X