Irrigation installers/repair guys inside please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irrigation installers/repair guys inside please

Ok so I swapped our 3 of the 10 solenoids in my system yesterday after only 4 years in the new house. Damn Weathermatic bullshit products! Anyways after running a couple 1-2minute/per zone test cycles I noticed that 2 of the zones neither of which I replaced; sort of still have water flowing through them. Not full pressure, more or less of a drip. Seems to be coming out of one or two heads on those zones. They each also have one or two pop up heads that stay up for a couple minutes after the cycle ends, and eventually go down. Is this a sign of a weak solenoid or another issue?

On a side note where is the cheapest place to get replacement solenoids, valves, and valve boxes and double check boxes? I am wanting to convert 3 locations where they have two of the small round valve boxes, to the single larger double check style boxes....

You might look for an agricultural irrigation supplier. Sometimes they carry tougher versions of what's usually available to landscape supply companies, and sometimes it's even cheaper, since farmers are so tight they squeak when they walk.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
      Ok so I swapped our 3 of the 10 solenoids in my system yesterday after only 4 years in the new house. Damn Weathermatic bullshit products! Anyways after running a couple 1-2minute/per zone test cycles I noticed that 2 of the zones neither of which I replaced; sort of still have water flowing through them. Not full pressure, more or less of a drip. Seems to be coming out of one or two heads on those zones. They each also have one or two pop up heads that stay up for a couple minutes after the cycle ends, and eventually go down. Is this a sign of a weak solenoid or another issue?.
      Well water will go to the lowest points, in this case the one or two heads that drip for awhile after shut off.
      Mine does the same thing, all that water will flow to the lowest point till the pressure is low enough and the water stops.
      I'm no expert but this sounds good to me and what I tell myself. LOL
      2 Chronicles 7:14
      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
        Well water will go to the lowest points, in this case the one or two heads that drip for awhile after shut off.
        Mine does the same thing, all that water will flow to the lowest point till the pressure is low enough and the water stops.
        I'm no expert but this sounds good to me and what I tell myself. LOL
        Would make sense; except in my situation theses sprinkler heads are at the highest point in the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by 2K2 LS1 View Post
          Ok so I swapped our 3 of the 10 solenoids in my system yesterday after only 4 years in the new house. Damn Weathermatic bullshit products! Anyways after running a couple 1-2minute/per zone test cycles I noticed that 2 of the zones neither of which I replaced; sort of still have water flowing through them. Not full pressure, more or less of a drip. Seems to be coming out of one or two heads on those zones. They each also have one or two pop up heads that stay up for a couple minutes after the cycle ends, and eventually go down. Is this a sign of a weak solenoid or another issue?

On a side note where is the cheapest place to get replacement solenoids, valves, and valve boxes and double check boxes? I am wanting to convert 3 locations where they have two of the small round valve boxes, to the single larger double check style boxes....

To me it does sound like a leaking solenoid valve. Might not be a bad solenoid, probably just a bad seat, allowing a small ammount of pressure to leak by. When they do go down, do they still have a small ammount of water coming out? If so, then I think it kind of backs up my theory. Good luck.
          04 2.6 KB'd Cobra!

Originally posted by Sean88gt
          There is something about her that just makes my dick completely take over any thought process. If Russell Brand were on top of her, I'd fuck him just to say I pushed a dick inside of her.

Comment

Working...
          X