ATT Uverse screen format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATT Uverse screen format

We recently switched service providers rom Directv to ATT Uverse and we noticed that all the SD channels have the pillar box bar format (black side bars) on the screen and some channels have black bars on all four sides. Does anyone have this same issue on the SD channels? Am I missing something in the UVerse configuration of 16:9 ratio and 1080i HD format?

We can change via the picture format to horitzonal stretch, zoom etc on the TV but I know this is not the correct picture fromat to see the true full picture. Last thing I wanna see is a chick that is 4 ft tall and 3 ft wide by placing it in a horizontal stretch format.

There are a couple HD channels that did have this issue however we were able to correct by selecting the correct HD resolution and screen format.

John Martin
    1986 Buick t-type
    9.71 @ 140

Originally posted by Spooled231 View Post
    We recently switched service providers rom Directv to ATT Uverse and we noticed that all the SD channels have the pillar box bar format (black side bars) on the screen and some channels have black bars on all four sides. Does anyone have this same issue on the SD channels? Am I missing something in the UVerse configuration of 16:9 ratio and 1080i HD format?

We can change via the picture format to horitzonal stretch, zoom etc on the TV but I know this is not the correct picture fromat to see the true full picture. Last thing I wanna see is a chick that is 4 ft tall and 3 ft wide by placing it in a horizontal stretch format.

There are a couple HD channels that did have this issue however we were able to correct by selecting the correct HD resolution and screen format.

John Martin
    1986 Buick t-type
    9.71 @ 140
    As far as I know, the picture stretch is the only option available for the SD channels to fill a 16:9 screen. As for the HD channels, keep in mind that just because a channel is in HD, it doesn't mean all of the programming is HD.

A perfect example is Fox Sports SW HD. When Rangers Live is airing, it is in a 4:3 format and you have pillar boxes on the sides with "Fox Southwest HD" filling both.

<--UVerse subscriber
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

Have you used the ATT zoom? Fills the screen in both formats, cutting off the top and bottom of 4:3. Resolution not that great I like it better than the distorsion of stretching.

Comment

didn't they come to your house and set up ATT Uverse? it took them three hours to install at my buddies house and walk him through how everything works

Comment

Some old shows werent converted to hd. So on the 1000 and up channels youll get the sidebars. Just depending on what show your watching.
          GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

Working...
          X