Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mods, can I get a sticky on 24hr fitness stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods, can I get a sticky on 24hr fitness stuff?

I don't make commission on anything, I have an hourly pay job, but I'm a membership counselor for the biggest gym in the country. I'd just like an easy way for people to have their questions answered. It's up to you guys of course. All that I'll be able to do is answer questions on rates, personal training(to an extent), and general inquiries. Just want to help some people out. If not, that's fine.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

I'm not exactly following what I would stickie.
    Most of the time if people have questions they will post on the forum or use PMs.
    I just don't see that many threads about 24hr fitness in general to warrant making a stickie.
    But... I'll do pretty much whatever the members want in here.

Comment

if you can get membership discounts, then i'd consider this sticky worthy.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
        I'm not exactly following what I would stickie.
        Most of the time if people have questions they will post on the forum or use PMs.
        I just don't see that many threads about 24hr fitness in general to warrant making a stickie.
        But... I'll do pretty much whatever the members want in here.
        Thinking about it, you're probably right. I see them come in waves at least. I guess it's not that hard to just answer them as I see them.

As far as discounts go, I can to a small extent, but I'm limited to a certain amount.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
          As far as discounts go, I can to a small extent, but I'm limited to a certain amount.
          pm me the details on some. I've got a buddy who wants me to start working out with him, but I'm trying to justify the cost.
          sigpic

Comment

Have you looked into the Costco prepaid membership?
            It's like $300 or so for 24 months.

Comment

That's the best deal you're gonna find... unless you can get added as a friend or family on someone's existing account at 24HF. Even then, it's only like $1 less per month, but you can renew for $50 annually for life after three years.

Someone in Canada used to work there, and that's the deal he got me.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                That's the best deal you're gonna find... unless you can get added as a friend or family on someone's existing account at 24HF. Even then, it's only like $1 less per month, but you can renew for $50 annually for life after three years.

Someone in Canada used to work there, and that's the deal he got me.
                Friends and family is month to month and it's $25/month.

Comment

DAYUM!! $12.50/mo!! What are the restrictions on that? Are you limited to one club, sport included, Qs?

-Jonny
                  2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                  '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                  '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
                    DAYUM!! $12.50/mo!! What are the restrictions on that? Are you limited to one club, sport included, Qs?

-Jonny
                    I pay about $15 a month(3yrs prepaid from 24hr).
                    The main restriction with the Costco membership...is no super sports(such as Keller, etc.).
                    The membership is not club specific.
                    I've worked out at a few supersports and they aren't that much nicer than the sports in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post

-Jonny
                      All sport club. The only thing is that you won't get the option for the badass yearly rate after that. Although, if you just buy another costco membership, you're still getting a great deal.

The other day some dude walked in who's been with 24 for a while......$50 a year. Crazy shit.

Comment

All sport club. The only thing is that you won't get the option for the badass yearly rate after that. Although, if you just buy another costco membership, you're still getting a great deal.

The other day some dude walked in who's been with 24 for a while......$50 a year. Crazy shit.
                        Yea, but as far as I know...they ended the extension thing years ago. I sure wish I could extend mine, but I'll prob just go the Costco route.

Comment

Yeah, I'd worked out at the Q in Richardson and I really wasn't impressed. The sport in Allen has all the stuff I'd use anyway.
                          2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                          '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Yea, but as far as I know...they ended the extension thing years ago. I sure wish I could extend mine, but I'll prob just go the Costco route.
                            I've seen a ton of people coming in lately with 3 year pre-paid memberships resigning for $100 a year. If that's what you have, and that's what was in your contract, you can still get it. If you sign a 3 year membership now, I think you get a $200 a year rate after it's up.

Comment

I've seen a ton of people coming in lately with 3 year pre-paid memberships resigning for $100 a year. If that's what you have, and that's what was in your contract, you can still get it. If you sign a 3 year membership now, I think you get a $200 a year rate after it's up.
                              The reason that you see them coming in now to renew at $100 a year is because 24hr ended the $100 renewal thing in early/mid 2008(3 years ago)(trust me, I tried to get in on it whenever I signed up for their 3yr prepaid deal in mid/late 2008).
                              As for the $200 renewal thing, I know that my 24hr gyms around me do not offer that deal.
                              If you or anyone else would like to check for yourself, the rates are just a click away...

Comment

Working...
                              X