No announcement yet.

Ford SYNC owners (traffic without NAV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford SYNC owners (traffic without NAV)

Does anyone have SYNC without navigation built in and have any problems recentley? All of a sudden my Services for traffic says it can not find my current location. This worked OK up until Wednesday this week. Other services work, just traffic does not.

Anyone else have simialr issues? this is on a 2010 Stang.

I've heard horror stores on the 2011 SYNC systems, especially on the Syncmyride forums!

If yo do not have SYNC and are looking at a new Ford, SYNC sucks ass!
    Last edited by yellowstang; 11-21-2010, 08:11 AM.

<----- nothing here
    Big Rooster Racing
    1985 Mustang GT

Comment

Yesterday on mine the ipod stoped working and keeps saying " usb empty"
      I changed cords, borrowed another ipod and nothing works.
      Guess I'll be running it up Grapevine Ford monday morning.

Comment

Well, after searching and reading some posts on the SYNCMyRide forums, this seems to be a frequent problem. I always thought SYNC was a POS, now I know it is. Ford has done nothing to try to fix their POS system where it can't find vehicles, nor are they replying to the many complaints posted up.

Word of advice, if you want to pay extra fopr SYNC, get ready for a big dissapointment. If it has built in Nav, it may work better, but the one I have is total crap.

/rant off
        Last edited by yellowstang; 11-21-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Yes!
          I have a solution. Drop your car (and credit card) off and I will call you when it is done.

Comment

Originally posted by slow55 View Post
            Yesterday on mine the ipod stoped working and keeps saying " usb empty"
            I changed cords, borrowed another ipod and nothing works.
            Guess I'll be running it up Grapevine Ford monday morning.
            Sync is microsoft and ipod = apple they dont get along well, unhook your car battery for 3 minutes and your usb should be working again, then try updating your ipod online, it fixes 99% of them, if you dont update the ipod it will continue to jack with the usb function.
            Sync works well most of the time. Most of the problems are normally phone related, if your having voice recognition problems, change your contact lists to full names, instead of shit like mom or bill, it really has a hard time whith single syllable names.

Comment

SYNC.... bad reason to overprice the car.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by bigredtruck View Post
                Sync is microsoft and ipod = apple they dont get along well, unhook your car battery for 3 minutes and your usb should be working again, then try updating your ipod online, it fixes 99% of them, if you dont update the ipod it will continue to jack with the usb function.
                Sync works well most of the time. Most of the problems are normally phone related, if your having voice recognition problems, change your contact lists to full names, instead of shit like mom or bill, it really has a hard time whith single syllable names.
                My ipod is the only thing I use, I could care less about running my phone through it.
                Also for the next 5 years while this thing is under warranty I'm not concered with trying to figure out how to fix it myself.

Comment

Bump, just in case anyone else ever gets this issue with the POS known as SYNC.

I did a master reset, deleted SYNC from my iPhone Bluetooth, set it all back up, same issue. Took it to Service, he did the exact same thing, then another Tech did it also, same issue. Set his iPhone to use it, same issue. Called SYNC support twice, they suggested the exact same steps, reset everything, delete SYNC from the phone, blah blah blah. The 4th time he did that, it fucken worked. Nobody knows why, or how, but it started working again.

Jordon the Tech who worked on it agrees SYNC is a POS, and has no clue why the 4th time the same steps were followed, it starts working...

Total POS!!!

Comment

My wife's Edge has Sync, and it works perfectly either via USB or bluetooth. We have 3 different phones that connect to it, and it automatically connects and picks them in order of rank if more than one is in range. Maybe we've just been lucky, but we love Sync.

Comment

Still works fine for me, no nav in the focus, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X