Learn from me about selling a bike!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learn from me about selling a bike!

I learned a pretty valuable lesson while having my motorcycle listed... DO NOT believe people are going to do what they say.

Usually I can feel out a buyer based on how they respond. If they respond back pretty quickly they seem like a more solid buyer. Anyways, I had one of those buyers come buy to look at the bike. He mentioned he would be getting a loan for the bike and he was already pre-approved, so I figured all was well.

Later that same day, I had 2 other buyers send interest in the bike, but I told them this guy was going to be purchasing my bike. Two days pass and still no check, so I reached out to both of the other people interested and they had already purchased other bikes, dammit. Four days later this dude says his bank messed up and processed the loan as an auto and something about he couldn't get a bike loan for my specific bike. What the fuck.

Anyways, always require a deposit if someone wants you to hold something for them. Pisses me off because I had already found another bike I wanted, Grr.

Where are some solid places to list a sportbike for sale? Currently I have it here(nothing sells on this board it seems), ls1tech, and craigslist. Any other places that would get local attention and doesn't require X amount of posts?

Well there is the Thrifty Nickel but you have to pay about $12 per week I think. Craigslist is by far the best for free but it is hit or miss; I have managed to do some awesome deals there, but then I have been messed with and pissed off like what happened to you.

I think Auto Trader does bikes but I don't know what it costs or how well they sell from there.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

kind of funny - ive been trying to get info from ppl on their bikes on craigslist.

seriously simple stuff like a better picture, or a description of damage, shit anything sometimes.

out of the emails i sent , maybe 10, only two ppl responded back.

so believe me it ain't just the buyers that are unreliable!
      the way i figured was , hey theyre trying to sell something right? the least they could do was send better info before I decide to drive to them, but I can't even get that!

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
        kind of funny - ive been trying to get info from ppl on their bikes on craigslist.

seriously simple stuff like a better picture, or a description of damage, shit anything sometimes.

out of the emails i sent , maybe 10, only two ppl responded back.

so believe me it ain't just the buyers that are unreliable!
        the way i figured was , hey theyre trying to sell something right? the least they could do was send better info before I decide to drive to them, but I can't even get that!
        That is ridiculous. Definitely goes both ways, but in just the first couple emails with a buyer or seller, you can tell if they are truly wanting to buy/sell.

I just found a couple more boards to post it on, one is dfwsportbikes, going to start doing some reading there. Hopefully it's not a bunch of wannabe stunters ><

Comment

IMHO, the item is not sold until cash/verified cashier's check exchanges hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlhay2 View Post
            IMHO, the item is not sold until cash/verified cashier's check exchanges hands.
            I agree now, lesson learned. If they wish for me to hold the item I will be requesting a non-refundable deposit to be made and if they purchase the item in the agreed time limit, that deposit would go towards the purchase.

Comment

Lolz. Post his phone number and start asking for chuck.
              -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

I don't hold anything for anyone without cash.

In God we trust, all others pay cash.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                X