Failed Emissions test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Emissions test

I tried to get my vert inspected today, it is a 91 5.0l. What failed it was the HC was high @ 25mph it was reading 181 ppm standard is 136, and @ 15mph it was reading 188 standard is 141. Everything else was in the acceptable range
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Originally posted by Hay Burner View Post
    I tried to get my vert inspected today, it is a 91 5.0l. What failed it was the HC was high @ 25mph it was reading 181 ppm standard is 136, and @ 15mph it was reading 188 standard is 141. Everything else was in the acceptable range
    Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct this?
    bump the timing back, drive it around for an hour or two and take it back.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Also make sure you have fresh, clean oil in it and bring it in warmed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        bump the timing back, drive it around for an hour or two and take it back.
        This, but first, be sure you have fresh oil and throw some RXP in with half a tank of gas.

Comment

Thanks guys.
          I did change to oil this morning, but I will pull some timing out. I put some RXP in it last night. The gas is a little old as the car car does not get driven as much as it should.
          The inspector seemed to think that it was just in need of a tune up and suggested a hotter spark plug
          I will try anything my daughters and wife want to go look at Christmas lights in it this year.
          Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Comment

Why mess with the timing when it is so easy to pull the spout just before the inspection?

Comment

Originally posted by garycrist View Post
              Why mess with the timing when it is so easy to pull the spout just before the inspection?
              ^^^^^ that is all you have to do right there, then when your done with the inspection just pop it back in!

Comment

Working...
              X