Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon

I've been having a craving lately for salmon.... Any recommendations aside from Red Lobster? Lol.

Pappadeux

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
        Pappadeux
        Gross!
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Buy some salmon and get some Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic. Brush on some melted butter, sprinkle on the magic, then blacken it on hot cast iron. Best tasting salmon I've had.
          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
            Buy some salmon and get some Chef Paul Prudhomme's Blackened Redfish Magic. Brush on some melted butter, sprinkle on the magic, then blacken it on hot cast iron. Best tasting salmon I've had.
            Thanks for the tip, I've never cooked salmon before. Where do you suggest buying fresher salmon at? My dad went fishing in Alaska not too long ago and brought back some salmon... OMG it was amazing.

Comment

You won't find salmon around here like what your Dad brought back. Your best bet though, is Copper River Salmon. It's by far, the best salmon I've ever had. It's not as fishy, it's extremely lean, packed with omega 3, etc. And you're in luck. CR Salmon season opens next week. You'll only be able to find it in stores for about two to three weeks. It's increasing in popularity, so don't push your luck. When it's gone, it's gone until next year. Tom Thumb has the best quality, and best prices around here. DO NOT GO PAY $30/lb from Central Market. You can get in on sale at TT for a third of the price. I don't like salmon at restaurants. It's low quality, very pink, and very fishy. CR salmon is a deep, dark red (shows how lean it is compared to other salmon), not fishy, and melts in your mouth like butter.

So when I cook salmon, I do it at home. And I go buy 10 lbs or so every year when the CR run hits, and vacuum seal and freeze it. You can blacken it, you can soak cedar planks in water, season the salmon with salt, pepper, and dill, and cook on top of the plank on the grill, you can bake, you can pan sear, etc.

My favorite though is blackened, with a homemade honey/mayo/dijon dip of sorts. I don't use a recipe, but can tell you what to do and how to make the sauce.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

YES...CR Salmon is fucking good. Gonna load up when it gets here.

Comment

I prefer salmon as sashimi/sushi. Raw CR salmon... even better!
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I'm going to get me some of this Copper River salmon. My wife even likes salmon.

Whats in the sauce bcoop? Local place has a dijon/mayo based with a little dill in it that is decent.

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                      I prefer salmon as sashimi/sushi. Raw CR salmon... even better!
                      Agreed. Don't ruin it by cooking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                        I did this last week. Fucking amazing the way it turned out.

Any other cooking ideas for salmon? I'm clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post

Honestly, you might try grilling on cedar planks. I did this a few months ago and loved it. I rubbed mine down with olive oil, pressed garlic, oregano, thyme, and maybe some other things.
                          Men have become the tools of their tools.
                          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by papapepper View Post

Glad you liked it.
                            My mom is Japanese so the other way I usually do it is to either grill it or coat it in a little flour and pan fry it in a little oil and then eat it with ponzu sauce and white rice. Very simple but I grew up eating it that way so I really like it.
                            Miso glazed and baked or grilled is also a great way to eat salmon.
                            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

preheat oven 350*
                              1 salmon fillet
                              coat with olive oil
                              salt/pepper
                              sprinkle liberally with dill
                              cover in lemon slices

bake 20-22 minutes

I make it this way about once a week

Comment

Working...