torn rotator cuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torn rotator cuff?

what's the pain sensation like when you are starting to do damage to your rotator cuff??

The past few shoulder exercises, I’ve been getting a burning sensation in my shoulders, Specifically the right more so then the left.. Doesn’t feel like a muscle pull, but like the joint itself is on fire. very distinct weird pain. its only on shoulder exercises where I’m having to pull weight above my head. i.e. yesterday when I was doing power snatches. if i'm doing pullups it doesnt hurt.

I'm not much help...but this is exactly one of the reasons that I do not do Olympic type movements, such as the snatch...nor any modified crossfit versions of it.

Comment

Go get you a shoulder arthrogram...you'll know immediately.

Comment

Depends on motion. Mine can range from just sore to dropping the weight and hitting my knees. I was doing seated tricep extensions with a dumbbell behind my head and my spotter had a moment of head up his ass and it wrenched my arms back. Should have just dropped the weight.

I notice it most if I throw. Literally, 3-4 throws of a baseball/football and I'm looking for painkillers.

Comment

Originally posted by Beenfetchedlately View Post
          Go get you a shoulder arthrogram...you'll know immediately.
          if it gets worse i'll look into this Mike. Going to take it easy for a little bit.

I'm also starting to take Osteo bioflex. Maybe that'll help. Dunno if its any good or not, but my parents swear its helped their arthritis out.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
            I'm not much help...but this is exactly one of the reasons that I do not do Olympic type movements, such as the snatch...nor any modified crossfit versions of it.
            to each their own

Comment

If it was torn, you would know it. Let it rest for a week and see how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                i guess i should have said "strained". but from my google researches, that symptoms seem to match up. i'll get on some anti-inflamatories and take it easy for a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                  Exactly, I tore mine and it was an insane amount of pain (failed on a free squat, spotter wasn't paying attention, got buried at the bottom of a squat with 550lbs and fell forward, ended up having the bar go over my head to the ground and flexed my shoulder so hard it tore the supraspinatus)

Comment

Is there any popping or grinding?
                    An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Sounds more like impingement syndrome.

Comment

Graston is the leader in soft-tissue therapy for professionals and patients worldwide. Find a CEU-eligible training or locate a GT Provider.
                        An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                          Sounds more like impingement syndrome.
                          This. Mine got bad enough I couldn't do anything over head, push or pull and it was affecting bench press, too. The pain was right on top, where the end of the clavical is and it would even pop as a swung my arms while walking. The doc lopped a centimeter and a half off the end of my clavical a year ago and after about 6mo of down time, I was good to go. I can do military again and my left is now the strong one and pain free!

Maybe you'll just need a little rest time and a cortizone shot, but I'd get it checked out before it does any major damage and you end up under the knife...er...scope, these days.

-Jonny
                          2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                          '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

i've been taking it easy on high heavy shoulder movements since i made this thread. no pains so far.

Comment

When i tore my rotator cuff, i litereally couldnt lift my arm more then 5-6" from my hip.. it felt like some one had stabbed a hot iron into my shoulder and put a 500lbs weight in my hand.

Took me 6 months to recoupe it back to where i wasnt barbell shoulderpressing 135 lol..

JP.. what do you do for your heavy shoulder movement?
                              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X