Building bicep mass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building bicep mass

What techniques do some of you guys use to pump your biceps even bigger?

I have been stuck around 16.5 inches for maybe 3-4 years now and really want to hit 18 while staying lean. My current routine will include 4-5 exercises of 3 sets each unless I am super or drop setting. The lifts always include the various styles of lifting, ie hammer, supinating DB, ez bar, and flat bar. I have recently incorporated arm hangs similar to a pull up grip but closer.

Thanks for any input!

bulking works, I'm doing this workout right now.

Learn how to build the best bulking program for you, broken down from the basic to advanced methods of bulking to lay out a training program you can build from.
    Ded

Comment

The bulking is what I didn't want to hear...not when it's bikini season

Haha but I am worried it may be the only or most effective way.

Comment

It is the most effective imo. I just do it until I feel too fat then I switch to cutting.

Gained almost 1 1/4" on my biceps and around 15lbs of lean muscle @ 190lbs.
        Ded

Comment

Great link, vadertt. I'm going to make some use of that routine.
          IMG_0424

Comment

I have had some recent success with the closer grip chin ups with a 2 second hold at the top. Go to failure. Was stuck and it pushed me up about an 1.25 inches also have been bulking though so that can attribute to some of the size.

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
              Great link, vadertt. I'm going to make some use of that routine.
              Thanks dude! I've been having great results.
              Ded

Comment

I can't find the link right now but there is on on bb.com that is all about never using a cheater bar because of the muscle it engages. A flat bar is best if your wrists can take it because it engages the muscle that "peaks" (of the two muscles that make up a bicep).

I'll try to dig it up here.
                Last edited by 0 GT 2; 05-09-2011, 02:53 PM.
                An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

Originally posted by 0 GT 2 View Post
                  I can't find the link right now but there is on on bb.com that is all about never using a cheater bar because of the muscle it engages. A flat bar is best if your wrists can take it because it engages the muscle that "peaks" (of the two muscles that make up a bicep).

I'll try to dig it up here.
                  Is a cheater bar, what I know as the curl bar? (35 pounds I think)
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'm pretty sure cheater bar = curl bar = ez bar

Comment

Heavy barbell curl.

/thread
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Dumbell curls..
                        Dumbell hammers..
                        i do 1 set light dumbell curls for warm up.. say 50x12.
                        then 3-4 pyramid sets going up in weight and down in reps..

Rinse repeat for hammers..

i also hook the EZ bar for tri's up to the cable machine down low and do reverse curls there..
                        seems to work for me...
                        2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          Heavy barbell curl.

/thread
                          i havent barbell curled since my arms where 16"....while they are GOOD.. they are far from required.
                          2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                            Dumbell curls..
                            Dumbell hammers..
                            i do 1 set light dumbell curls for warm up.. say 50x12.
                            then 3-4 pyramid sets going up in weight and down in reps..

Rinse repeat for hammers..

i also hook the EZ bar for tri's up to the cable machine down low and do reverse curls there..
                            seems to work for me...
                            How's your weight loss going?

Is that all you do for your bicep workout?
                            A lot of people seem to think I overtrain biceps, since I spend 1-1.5hrs on them alone, but it sure seems to be working well for me...
                            Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 05-12-2011, 06:27 AM.

Comment

I used to spend alot of time on biceps. I cut it down to 3 movements for 9-12 total sets and in 1.5 years went from 19.5 to 22.5.. Right now im still working my way back, but my 4th set of dumbell curls would me 90-100s for 4-6 reps plus a few forced reps.. Weightloss stopped.. Work has been brutal, but im slowly getting back to my diet and cardio.
                              2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

Working...
                              X