Fuel Pump Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel Pump Question

I picked up a '88 coupe for a summer project. Just got it all back together and have been working the gremlins out all week. I had 7 codes, and cleared them all, except one.

Code 95- Fuel pump secondary circuit failure

It comes on after 5 minutes or so of driving, and only after I've reached highway speed. There is no noticeable drive-ability problems, or loss of power. When I got the car the relay under the driver seat had a wire ripped out. I repaired it, but I'm not sure how long it had been shorting out or disconnected.

I just wonder if the pump suffered or is about to crap out on me and this is the early warning sign. Any info would help.

Inertia switch or fuel pump circuit open or shorted. Info from mitchell. Could be anywhere in the wiring, relay, inertia sw, or pump.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
      Inertia switch or fuel pump circuit open or shorted. Info from mitchell. Could be anywhere in the wiring, relay, inertia sw, or pump.
      Thank You sir. I'll start at the relay under the seat, since the original problem was there. Then check the switch in the trunk.

Now if I could just get my reverse lights to work.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

Now if I could just get my reverse lights to work.....
        Need a diagram? Post up or pm me an email address and i'll copy it off alldata and send it to you.

Comment

Pm sent sir.

Comment

Email sent

Comment

Working...
            X