Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spec stage 3 clutches....?

Anyone use one? Likes? dislikes?

Fried the clutch in the race car this weekend and need a solid replacement.

Looking for kevlar surfaces, light and handle 500 ft/lbs.....oh, and cheap!

Thanks!

I had an unsprung 6 puck in the SVO, and it was very drivable
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

imo

its an on-off clutch that will chatter a bit on the street, but a very nice clutch for a high HP car

Comment

Not really concerned about driveability on the street. Just something that grips, lasts a while and can deal with some heat, and is light.

I found some dual disk setups that with flywheel, PP and disc weight 29 lbs....but are $1000. I'm trying to find info on some clutch kits to determine what it will weigh with my current flywheel.

Don, how was the pedal effort compared to a stock setup?

Comment

Twin disc is the shit but they do come with a nice price tag. The Spec stage 3 is a real decent clutch but most of the time when they fail, its because they were not properly broken in. I've been selling Spec products for years and rarely have an issue that is not related to break in proceedure.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
            Twin disc is the shit but they do come with a nice price tag. The Spec stage 3 is a real decent clutch but most of the time when they fail, its because they were not properly broken in. I've been selling Spec products for years and rarely have an issue that is not related to break in proceedure.
            That's part of my worry. Hard to do a 500 mile break in period on a race car! Looking on spec's website but can't find any weights of the kits. I know my flywheel weighs 12.5 lbs, but don't see an 11" clutch kit weighing 17lbs or less.

I suppose if I could find a buyer for my Fidanza flywheel I could recoup some of the cost of the dual setup but I gotta stay on a budget here....too many other parts to buy in the offseason! LOL!!!

Thanks Guys! Keep the info comin'!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
              That's part of my worry. Hard to do a 500 mile break in period on a race car! Looking on spec's website but can't find any weights of the kits. I know my flywheel weighs 12.5 lbs, but don't see an 11" clutch kit weighing 17lbs or less.

I suppose if I could find a buyer for my Fidanza flywheel I could recoup some of the cost of the dual setup but I gotta stay on a budget here....too many other parts to buy in the offseason! LOL!!!

Thanks Guys! Keep the info comin'!
              i ran a spec stage 3 in my '00 gt...didn't hold long, but it was very streetable and felt good. i'm not a fan of the stage 5, that was put in after that, though...

Comment

do NOT buy the stage3. i had one, spend the extra chedda and buy the stage 3plus. you can thank me later

Comment

I had good luck with my stage three.

It didnt get much of a break in and held 300-400 with easy. Daily driven on slicks for years. I think the the guy who got it was still able to break the output shaft of a 3550 with it.

Is it just the material the clutch is made of is why it requires a break in?

My thoughts are as long as your not just dumping the shit out of it on drag slicks youll be fine.

Comment

I run the stage 3+ with the light pedal option and love it. It gets abused on the street and track without any issues. It feels like I will break the T56 before the clutch will slip. I broke it in for 500 miles of easy driving before I hit full boost. I have about 2.5K miles on it with 15 track passes
                    2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

I had a stage 3, 6k dumps, 1.45 60'. It held up pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                      X