Jimmy Johnson Wins Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy Johnson Wins Again

5 in a row. Someone should have put him in the wall so someone else can win a championship.
    David

1986 GT

wow, so he beat Denny?

Comment

It was nice to see Kyle go down in a ball of fire!!

Comment

I'm starting to like Kyle ever since I saw him flipping off the NASCAR official at the TX race while he was serving his 1lap penalty. Kinda funny.

But the Ford in me won't let me root for him.
        David

1986 GT

Comment

Originally posted by Fst86gt View Post
          5 in a row. Someone should have put him in the wall so someone else can win a championship.
          Yeah, Jimmie should be punished for being a good driver. You should be bitching about the other guys not stepping up.
          2008 GT - cammed, 93 octane tune, 326 to the wheels

Comment

Originally posted by weems View Post
            Yeah, Jimmie should be punished for being a good driver. You should be bitching about the other guys not stepping up.
            this looked like the year someone else would do it. Ever since nascar switched from the wing to the spolier, Hendrick wasnt as strong. Johnson was just cruising today. He made sure to stay up front where the traffic isnt as bad. Hamlin and Harvick had to go from the back to the front all day.
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

You can hate Jimmie Johnson for his dominance but damn... I think him winning his 5th in a row will only hurt ratings and crowd attendance for NASCAR next year, as someone said earlier, he should have been put into the wall... for NASCAR's sake....

Comment

Originally posted by STFU View Post
                wow, so he beat Denny?
                Denny and Kevin beat themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by GT Dan View Post
                  Denny and Kevin beat themselves...
                  more like Denny's crew chief lost it for him last week.
                  Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                  That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
                    more like Denny's crew chief lost it for him last week.
                    not really, he gambled on fuel and it didnt pay off. If he didnt ran out then we wouldn't be talking about Johnson winning we would be talking about Hamlin. Id do that gamble again if I have to
                    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                      not really, he gambled on fuel and it didnt pay off. If he didnt ran out then we wouldn't be talking about Johnson winning we would be talking about Hamlin. Id do that gamble again if I have to
                      I disagree. How did he gamble on fuel? he never ran out. Ford brought Hamlin in for fuel when none of the others did. He made a calculation error plain and simple. Even Hamlin questioned him. His fuel pressure gauge never showed signs of low fuel. Gibbs racing is known for their cars always having better fuel mileage than most. All the other crew chiefs seem to have the same notion, Fords calculations were off. Doesnt make sense when you tell your driver your 10 laps short and everybody else never even mentioned being worried other than say save as much as you can just in case it goes to green/white. Plus they were not even off sequence with the other drivers. Ray Everham even said to be 1-2 laps short is one thing maybe 3 at most......... But 10 off of everybody else? No way.
                      All Denny would have had to do was finish in the top 20 and the title was his had that error not occured last week. But oh well, spilled milk.
                      That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

I disagree. How did he gamble on fuel? he never ran out. Ford brought Hamlin in for fuel when none of the others did. He made a calculation error plain and simple. Even Hamlin questioned him. His fuel pressure gauge never showed signs of low fuel. Gibbs racing is known for their cars always having better fuel mileage than most. All the other crew chiefs seem to have the same notion, Fords calculations were off. Doesnt make sense when you tell your driver your 10 laps short and everybody else never even mentioned being worried other than say save as much as you can just in case it goes to green/white. Plus they were not even off sequence with the other drivers. Ray Everham even said to be 1-2 laps short is one thing maybe 3 at most......... But 10 off of everybody else? No way.
                        All Denny would have had to do was finish in the top 20 and the title was his had that error not occured last week. But oh well, spilled milk.
                        oh okay, i didnt watch the race so i thought he ran out of fuel. now with what you said cause apparently you watched the race the i agree completely.
                        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

oh okay, i didnt watch the race so i thought he ran out of fuel. now with what you said cause apparently you watched the race the i agree completely.
                          Yeah... Denny bloodied his knuckles when he punched the dash a couple of times because he was so mad at the bad judgement call. Props to Johnson for doing what he has to to make history, but it sucks for Hamlin to lose the title that way.
                          Last edited by T-TOPPS5.0; 11-22-2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Yeah... Denny bloodied his knuckles when he punched the dash a couple of times because he was so mad at the bad judgement call. Props to Johnson for doing what he has to to make history, but it sucks for Hamlin to lose the title that way.
                            Johnson drove a smart race on sunday. He made sure he put his car in a safe position where he didnt run the risk of getting into a wreck or getting caught up in one. Hamlin and Harvick had to come frmo the back to the front, and Hamlin wasn't patient.

I go with this train of thought. If you start in the back, just be patient. Just pick them off one car at a time, one lap at a time. Don't put yourself in a situation that could hurt your chance of winning the championship. Cause you cant win the race in the first 30 laps, but you can lose it in the first 30 laps.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Johnson drove a smart race on sunday. He made sure he put his car in a safe position where he didnt run the risk of getting into a wreck or getting caught up in one. Hamlin and Harvick had to come frmo the back to the front, and Hamlin wasn't patient.

I go with this train of thought. If you start in the back, just be patient. Just pick them off one car at a time, one lap at a time. Don't put yourself in a situation that could hurt your chance of winning the championship. Cause you cant win the race in the first 30 laps, but you can lose it in the first 30 laps.
                              I agree with what you say for the most part. But also, it seems they kept adjusting Denny's car back and fourth. It would be great one run, then run like crap the next. It was an all day thing. At one point he came all the way up to 7th when he restarted in the back of the field. Then the next round of stops, he went backwards when he said he couldnt get the car to turn. I dont think it can be disputed that had Ford not made the calculation mistake, He could have stayed in the back out of trouble and not lose the title. When that call was made, he was 65 points in front of Jimmy. Jimmy won by 40. Thats what would have killed me.

But then again.... going back to what you were saying, I credit Jack K. for half of Jimmies wins. He is probably the smartest crew chief in the game today. I seriously dont think Jimmy would have the success he has had without him. Thats how he talked Rick to let him have Jeffs crew the final two races of the season since they were out performing his own crew.

Comment

Working...
                              X