True Grit remake? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Grit remake? Really?

So now, in true "we don't have any new ideas anymore" Hollywood fashion, they decide it's OK to fuck with the Duke? Yeah, I'm sure Jeff Bridges will make a suitable replacement.

Normally I would agree but it's a Coen Bros. movie so it should be done well. They don't have too many duds under their belts.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

with Matt Damon as a Texas Ranger... fuck that liberal idiot...

Comment

Doesn't matter who's project it is (I like the them too), some things are just unfuckwithable (with apologies to Strychnine). Don't mess with the classics.

Comment

I agree that some movies are better left alone. This being one of them. Just off of the short preview I noticed some wrong things. JW never wore a derby... the patch is on the wrong eye.... he never sported a beard. And when he's charging Ned Pepper and the others, the remake has him with two six shooters when JW had a six shooter in one hand, and a rifle in the other.
          Originally posted by mutherjuggz
          That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
            I agree that some movies are better left alone. This being one of them. Just off of the short preview I noticed some wrong things. JW never wore a derby... the patch is on the wrong eye.... he never sported a beard. And when he's charging Ned Pepper and the others, the remake has him with two six shooters when JW had a six shooter in one hand, and a rifle in the other.
            so you want it to be a shot for shot remake?

Comment

I think it'll do well. Rumor has it, after this, they're planning a sequel to the Big Lebowski.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                Shot for shot ....... not at all. But don't change the main character or probably the most famous scene of the movie.
                Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  I think it'll do well. Rumor has it, after this, they're planning a sequel to the Big Lebowski.
                  unfuckwithable
                  An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

I have never watched a John Wayne movie, but Im a huge coen brother fan so Im very excited

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                      I have never watched a John Wayne movie
                      Turn in your man card. Now.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                        Exactly.

I can't believe he said that.

Just watch AMC and you will catch a movie or two with him.

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          LMAO.

I'm only 22, and I f'ing love John Wayne movies
                          Though I agree it should have been left alone, just judging by the previews it looks pretty decent.
                          As long as no one decides to remake El Dorado, I'll be just fine.

Comment

The Shootist was a damn good movie, even though it really wasn't a shoot em up western.

Comment

Jeff Bridges is a better actor than John Wayne was. He wasn't a great actor, but his acting wasn't what made his movies great. It was his attitude, his lines, and the way he delivered them, and what he seemed to stand for. This could be a pretty good movie and I don't think they'll taint the original...
                              Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                              I'm OK with the eye patch, or the beard, but the scene where he takes on the bad guys with a lever action rifle and a revolver and the reigns in his teeth is what made that movie.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                              X