San Diego Taco in Coppell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego Taco in Coppell

So I went there today based upon bcoop's recommendation and after hearing a few others talk about it.

Holy crap it was good. I ordered the California burrito, even though I'll admit I was a bit skeptical about the whole french fries on a burrito thing. I guess growing up in south texas I couldn't understand why just plain pappas weren't good enough. But the fries on the carne asada burrito were tits!

I'll definately be heading back to try their breakfast tacos and other menu items.

One thing I didn't like was that when I ordered chips and guacamole, they poured the guac (a little runny for my liking) over the chips, instead of putting it on the side to dip in.

What's the address on that place?
    I did a google search, and there are a couple coming up with pretty close names.
    sigpic

Comment

it's in front of the Golds Gym on Mac Arthur, might be Valley Ranch instead of Coppell.

I think there's another south of 183 somewhere.

Comment

Like Matt said, in front of Gold's on MacArthur in Valley Ranch. The original is over on Story, south of 183. Old old old Taco Bell building. Let me know when you go for breakfast, we can meet up. I've never tried breakfast there. I go for the dirty tacos or a cali burrito.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Hold on. They call that shit guacamole?! How the fuck can it be good if they can't even make guacamole?!

No thank you.
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
            Hold on. They call that shit guacamole?! How the fuck can it be good if they can't even make guacamole?!

No thank you.
            Looks like a newborn took a shit on them tacos.

Ima go try em. No guacamole though.

Comment

Why the fuck are you putting guacamole on street tacos? It ain't a fajita, cracka!

Comment

The chimichanga there is awesome, the beef they put in it is soooo good. Also try a carne asada tostada, man those are awesome. I live 1/2 mile from there in Valley Ranch but I have to limit myself to only once a week because I would be a fat ass otherwise.
                Originally posted by Nash B.
                Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

i had the breakfast burritos the other day, and holy crap they were good too.

Huge for breakfast tho. Same size as the lunch.dinner burritos, and filled with egg/potato/cheese and your choice of meat. I tried the chorizo and the bacon, both were great.

I'll have to try some I've found a new place for mexican food in the dfdub for sure.

Comment

I went last night, wasn't super impressed but it was better than your average fast food mexi-shack.

I'll give em one thing - they give you a LOT of food for the money. If you get the carne asada plate, know you can feed two people.

The corn tortillas were a little stale and chalky - would've preferred flour. Dunno if I had the option.

Overall the meat was pretty good, but was too small. Like a bunch of meat pebbles. The Pico was fresh and crisp, nice cool bite to it.

The guac is nasty - they need to fix that shit. I've had better guac at a chinese buffet.

Comment

I'll have to check it out. I usually do Ole's or 7 Salsas for Mexican in Coppell.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        i had the breakfast burritos the other day, and holy crap they were good too.

Huge for breakfast tho. Same size as the lunch.dinner burritos, and filled with egg/potato/cheese and your choice of meat. I tried the chorizo and the bacon, both were great.

I'll have to try some I've found a new place for mexican food in the dfdub for sure.
                        They aren't THAT big little guy!
                        Whenever I go there(which is usually three times a week), I get 5 chicken burritos, but then again...I ain't the norm.
                        They always HOOK ME UP on the chicken(which is all I get besides a bit of cilantro), which in turn saves me time cooking at home and money too for the most part!

There is one located in NRH too btw(location #3, in the old taco bell off Grapevine Hwy and Glenview).

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                          I went last night, wasn't super impressed but it was better than your average fast food mexi-shack.

I'll give em one thing - they give you a LOT of food for the money. If you get the carne asada plate, know you can feed two people.

The corn tortillas were a little stale and chalky - would've preferred flour. Dunno if I had the option.

Overall the meat was pretty good, but was too small. Like a bunch of meat pebbles. The Pico was fresh and crisp, nice cool bite to it.

The guac is nasty - they need to fix that shit. I've had better guac at a chinese buffet.

I guess thats where we differ. I don't look at SDT as a restaurant. I look at it as a shack to get street tacos and Cali burritos, and that's it. If I wanted food food, I've got a million other places I'd go to before SDT.

<--- off to get some pork asado burritos from Marquez Bakery.

Comment

I want to get some good tacos but there's nowhere around my parts that sell them. Maybe up in little Mexico (Carrollton) there's a place.
                            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                              I want to get some good tacos but there's nowhere around my parts that sell them. Maybe up in little Mexico (Carrollton) there's a place.
                              Not sure where you live, but I dig Mariana's Taco Shop in Frisco, it's about 1/2 mile from Pizza Hut Park. Their guacamole doesn't look like baby shit or weak wasabi either.

MARIANAS TACO SHOP, 8981 5th St, Frisco, TX 75034, 328 Photos, Mon - 8:00 am - 9:00 pm, Tue - 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, Wed - 8:00 am - 9:00 pm, Thu - 8:00 am - 8:00 pm, Fri - 8:00 am - 9:00 pm, Sat - 8:00 am - 9:00 pm, Sun - 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Comment

Working...
                              X