Does anyone have Carbon Monoxide Home Detectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have Carbon Monoxide Home Detectors

I have a customer who has a Carbon Monoxide Detector in his house & everytime one of the batterys goes dead in one of the units it sets off the whole house. He is wanting to convert to Smoke Detectors. Right now he has the whole system disconnected & has nothing to protect him & his family if their is a fire

I dont know enough on this to make a bid. Want to find out more before I just go replace the Carbon Monoxide Detectors or maybe set the system up correctly for the guy so he doesnt have to spend any money on new detectors.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Cmon nobody has any clues on how these systems work?
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

At our old house we bought some fire/carbon monoxide detectors at Sears, but they were not wired into each unit. Put one in the bedroom and one by the furnace area, the other rooms just had smoke/fire detectors. The CM detectors had these special packs that had the battery and some type of CM sensor in it that needed to be replaced, instead of just a regular old 9V battery.

Comment

Dude, is your business insured?
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
          Dude, is your business insured?
          Yes! Any property damage that happens or if I am injured. I am covered.
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I'm just worried that if you get into wiring, and electrical work isn't covered in your policy, and something happens, they might not cover you. I'd be careful.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Find someone who works on these systems and get some sort of referral out of it.

Don't go messing with stuff at someone's house in hopes that you can learn it and add it to your list of services. Think of it like a general contractor, once you have enough people to refer for side work, that you can make a little money off of, the less you have to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                Find someone who works on these systems and get some sort of referral out of it.

Don't go messing with stuff at someone's house in hopes that you can learn it and add it to your list of services. Think of it like a general contractor, once you have enough people to refer for side work, that you can make a little money off of, the less you have to do.
                Took your advice Silverback & referred it out! I am sticking to what I know.
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                  Took your advice Silverback & referred it out! I am sticking to what I know.
                  Good ideal....I have clients all the time that want me to do plumbing, roof, painting etc...I tell them all the time I'm not a handyman

Comment

Working...
                  X