Zx-12R any ridden one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zx-12R any ridden one?

Looking for something different and I have always liked the Zx-12. Curious if anyone has any experience with them.
    I tend to ride longer distances(sport bike wise) and am looking for a comfortable bike. I had a Blackbird and have had the Busa since 05 so I am just looking for something along those lines, so curious how it compares to those 2 bikes.

Thanks

Sorry, haven't ridden one...but based on everything I've read and you're previous choice in bikes, it seems to be a good option for ya.

Comment

Its a fast bike. I've ridden one. I personally felt it was kind of an interesting mix of a superbike and a sport touring bike. More of a true sportbike than a ZX-11, Busa or Blackbird...but still more civilized than say a ZX10R. They're good looking bikes.

Comment

I had a 2000 green one. Loved that bike.Kawasaki refined them over the years and took some of the sportiness out of them that the 2000 model possesed. They are extremely fast and much heavier than the superbikes of that era(like the GSXR1000 and CBR929/954). I don't think it will be as comfortable as your Blackbird or Hayabusa. It has a little shorter wheelbase and a little more radical seating position. I believe the ergonomics were improved with later models. I had some Muzzy parts on mine and don't remember any bikes back then that scared me.

Comment

I have ridden both ZX-12 and ZX-14, but it's been a while. The ZX-14 was more recent, and it was an exceptional ride. Straight-line fast for long distances, but a little heavy on corners. Long sweepers were fine, but you could feel it in the short, quick corners. Superb for 2-up riding, too.

Comment

zx-12r is pretty raw but has one of the ugliest front fairings ever produced by kawasaki.

I would choose zx-14r over zx-12r any day...

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
              zx-12r is pretty raw but has one of the ugliest front fairings ever produced by kawasaki.

I would choose zx-14r over zx-12r any day...
              Me, too. I thought the 14's were quite a bit more money.

Comment

Working...
              X