Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fila Skele-Toes...anyone tried these yet???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fila Skele-Toes...anyone tried these yet???

Looks like a page out of the Vibrams' Book, but not quite...
    A few weeks back we took a sneak peak at a new brand of toe shoes—as in, not Vibram Five Fingers—they're the Fila "Skele-toes." Comet Shoes hooked me up with a pair to examine, review, and share with BirthdayShoes readers, so that's what I'l…

I thought about trying on a pair...

-Jonny
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

I've not tried those but I've had Vibrams for about two or 3 years now and I dig those. Comfy shoes. I just wish they came in more variety as far as simple colors go

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
      I've not tried those but I've had Vibrams for about two or 3 years now and I dig those. Comfy shoes. I just wish they came in more variety as far as simple colors go
      I'm with you on that! It's a great idea, but they should shoot whomever styled them! My blue and white Bikilas look like panda feet, but I dig my black and gold Komodos!
      Check this out...KSOs on special forces bailing out of a helo! http://birthdayshoes.com/special-for...vefingers-ksos

-Jonny
      '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Thats a pretty sick picture, dog jumping out too. I'm looking at some solid brown and black ones. I love the shoes they're super comfy

Comment

Are you talking about the Treks? I want a pair of those for trail running, but the knobs on the bottom don't seem practical for daily wearing around...someone spills coffee in the tiled break room and you'll be looking at the ceiling pretty quick!

Do you run in yours?
          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
            Thats a pretty sick picture, dog jumping out too. I'm looking at some solid brown and black ones. I love the shoes they're super comfy
            You know that's funny, one of my old employees worked with a K-9 unit and he always talked about a dog they had named Shark2. Instead of bones they gave it rocks to chew on supposedly, because of the titanium teeth.

Comment

what is with the trend in these shoes?

Comment

I saw some dude wearing those in the gym last week.

But in the famous words of the Beastie Boys "Rock my Adidas, never rock Fila."

I'll stick with my Vibrams.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  what is with the trend in these shoes?
                  Honestly, it's not about the shoes...they are just a tool to protect your feet, while still allowing a nearly full range of motion for natural body mechanics. Many people, my wife and I included, have found relief from running pain via minimalist footwear. For me, they are just s stepping stone to barefoot running...first strengthen the muscles and then toughen up the soles.

Some Doctors are even prescribing barefoot running a couple times a week to strengthen the muscles in the feet and ankles for patience experiencing running injuries resulting from atrophy brought on by conventional shoe "support". The Stanford track team practices without shoes because the coach noticed their feet stay stronger and they experienced fewer injuries, and they are sponsored by Nike.

I could go on, but it's all out there on Google/Youtube and I'm in danger of soap boxing on this subject yet again! LOL. I can't help it! Running went from "SUCKS" to an enjoyable addiction for me over night and it's so simple that I wanna share it!

-Jonny
                  '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

I think all these new styles of shoes are a conbination of foot sores and eye sores..
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                      I think all these new styles of shoes are a conbination of foot sores and eye sores..
                      We covered the looks, but are you saying that because you tried some and they gave you blisters or you're trying to be funny? Injinji makes toe socks that help buffer, but most of the Vibram line has a very soft seamless interior. As long as the fit and your form is correct, there shouldn't be blistering. I only wear the socks to keep from having to wash mine weekly.

-Jonny
                      '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

^^^you wear toe socks?!?!?!^^^

Comment

These: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...GIbUgQfJqs2wBw
                          Yes.
                          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

I wear them too, only when running though. At the gym I go sockless.

The socks are great for wearing with flip flops too

Comment

Nah, I run WAY too much to even think about using these or anything like them. Only heard bad things really from runners.. I'm sure they are fine if you are wanting attention or wanting someone to talk to you about them..

Not knocking them..whatever keeps your feet comfortable and happy.. There are some really jacked up feet out there that might actually fit snug and comfortable in them.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X