Misconceptions about steroids by the general population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misconceptions about steroids by the general population

Steroids will bulk you up whether you work out or not, just working out targets the buildup. You'd still gain muscle mass without working out, but it'd be pretty sloppy.
    This is a quote from a member of another board in a thread talking about Randy Savage's death. Obviously it devolved into a discussion about steroid abuse. While the dangers of steroid abuse are well documented, I'm amazed at the amount of misinformation out there about steroid use.

I don't consider myself an expert. I've never used. I do, however, know plenty of people that have and do use. Is the general population that ignorant about steroids? It seems like everything I read about them looks like something out of Reefer Madness with steroids substituted for marijuana.

Yes the general public has been wildly misinformed about the dangers of steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
      T It seems like everything I read about them looks like something out of Reefer Madness with steroids substituted for marijuana.
      Very true. Also public ignorance about professional use is absurd. They actually think those guys are all clean.
      Slow moving projects
      1964 C10 350/700r4
      1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Yes people are crazy stupid about steroids, both Users and non users. Theres a decent documentary on net flix called bigger stronger faster. Points out a lot of good info.

Comment

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
          Very true. Also public ignorance about professional use is absurd. They actually think those guys are all clean.
          What?????

Ronnie Coleman used steroids???????????

Say is isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            What?????

Ronnie Coleman used steroids???????????

Say is isn't so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            no wai!!!!!!! he's a cop!

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              no wai!!!!!!! he's a cop!

god bless.
              Used to be a cop.

The only reason he stayed on with APD so long was to make sure he could go pro. If he screwed up his juice cocktail, he had health insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                Used to be a cop.

The only reason he stayed on with APD so long was to make sure he could go pro. If he screwed up his juice cocktail, he had health insurance.

Hmmm, he was 4 time Mr. Olympia when he was still a cop. He quit when BSN gave him a 8 million dollar contract and had to travel full time.
                Originally posted by The King
                I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

What the eff? How can a police department justify allowing that? No there's no double standards at all there...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                    What the eff? How can a police department justify allowing that? No there's no double standards at all there...
                    Not really tested for. We test for drugs and alcohol randomly but steriods would be a different test.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Ronnie has legal prescriptions for everything he takes. Just about all pros do.
                      Originally posted by The King
                      I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                        Not really tested for. We test for drugs and alcohol randomly but steriods would be a different test.
                        At his point...no testing is required. It's just odd that we prosecute baseball players, but allow human billboards for steroids to work as police officers.

Comment

Originally posted by dewayne6243 View Post
                          Ronnie has legal prescriptions for everything he takes. Just about all pros do.
                          Just like the rest of the world...it's all about who you know.

Comment

I'd say anyone over 35 can get Test legally and live a healthier life for sure.
                            www.LockoutSupplements.com
                            discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

At his point...no testing is required. It's just odd that we prosecute baseball players, but allow human billboards for steroids to work as police officers.
                              It's called hypocrisy. We want the athletes to perform at superhuman levels, we just don't want little Tommy knowing that you have use any means necessary to do the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X