lamest cruise EVAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lamest cruise EVAR!

is what i heard several people saying about tonite. i had a good time but then again i was still able to drive my slow car home under its own power.

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
    is what i heard several people saying about tonite. i had a good time but then again i was still able to drive my slow car home under its own power.
    It was good to meet everyone finally!!
    Big Rooster Racing
    85' Coupe
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
      I agree. Not the track's or organizer's fault. Just didn't have the turn out we are used to. I guess the majority of the faster cars were down right now or out of town because of the holiday.

My shit was slow and boring for sure. I gotta get the other motor in quick! Need a 750 double pumper...

And Ryan didn't break!!!!

Comment

Cut em some slack. It's a holiday weekend for heavens sake. Gearheads like the lake also. The next one will be better

Comment

I know the next one will be better for me, by then i'll actually have my heap running!!!
          Big Rooster Racing
          85' Coupe
          sigpic

Comment

As a racer, I think the crowd was just right... Never waited in line long at all. But it wasn't dead either. Quite a bit of cars actually...

Comment

Originally posted by slownbmta View Post
              As a racer, I think the crowd was just right... Never waited in line long at all. But it wasn't dead either. Quite a bit of cars actually...
              x2

Comment

Wasnt lame at all.

Comment

Right... I thought it was good. Not too many real fast cars but I had a great time. It would have better if they didn't tell me I couldn't make a full pass again or I would be kicked off, but safty comes first and I don't have a problem with that. My cage is coming just the chassie shop is booked and can't get my car in till mid June.
                  03 Dark Shadow Grey Mach1
                  "SMOKEY"

"SLOW STREET CAR"

Comment

I had fun. Ran a few times and caught up with some old friends.

Originally posted by Dan03mach View Post
                    Right... I thought it was good. Not too many real fast cars but I had a great time. It would have better if they didn't tell me I couldn't make a full pass again or I would be kicked off, but safty comes first and I don't have a problem with that. My cage is coming just the chassie shop is booked and can't get my car in till mid June.
                    Didn't see you out there, I woulda come by and said hey.
                    sigpicSUX2BU is my name, stealing and voter fraud is my game.

Comment

Agreed. Holiday weekend so it thur it off for everyone plus it was pretty damn hot. (says the guy who swapped slicks and skinnies when I got there). So I noticed the heat. Lol
                      99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                      going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

It sounds like it would have been a bigger turn-out if it wasn't on a holiday weekend, but like most said, I'd rather have a smaller (but not too small) crowd. It was a GTG at a track, not a bar, restaurant or night club.

Comment

I had a good time and its true the crowd was small but it made the waite short . Met some new people and hung with the old crowd so it was a good day . The best thing about my day was getting within .001 of a perfect light and a nice ride home with the top down .
                          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

It was damn near 100* at 5pm and the holiday. I was happy to see that there was a good turn out. I had a good time, everyone seemed pretty happy (aside from the track prep at the line being iffy)
                            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                            dont downshift!!
                            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

As mentioned many times above, the holiday weekend, the heat and everything else affects the turnout - this time around, it was all 3 at once!

Regardless, we had a lot of STREET cars there with some radials that simply cut the rubber right off the line when they spin. I stood up there at least a half dozen times and thought the track was good, only to have a street car come up there and REMOVE the rubber from the ground in ONE single pass. The first few hits were pretty good. Hell, 'fast408' managed a 5.51@132 on 275 drag radials, it couldnt have been that bad.

Steve, you are LUCKY you got to drive that thing home - your clutch was FRIED after the first pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X