Speaker size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaker size?

I need to replace he speakers in my 91 vert. I took them out and measure them and I got 5 3/4"x8". Does that sound right? So I'm assuming I need to get a pair of 6x8's? Can anybody verify this?
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

I think they're considered 5x8's if I recall correctly...maybe someone can validate that for us....

Comment

The measurements for the speaker you are buying are printed on the box in most cases. Pay attention to the required hole size not the outer diameter measurements. All 5x7 should fit. Some 6x8 may fit.

Comment

I'm just going to measure hole to hole on all four corners and take a tape with me to the store and see if they'll fit.
        Thanks guys
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

The spacing of the screw holes is not as important as the actual cut out area. Speakers are different sizes where the basket recesses into the panel of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked98Snake View Post
            I'm just going to measure hole to hole on all four corners and take a tape with me to the store and see if they'll fit.
            Thanks guys
            You used to be able to go on a site like crutchfield and enter your vehicle type and they would tell you what fits. then you can take that info and get your speakers wherever you like.

Comment

5x7's and some 6x8's will fit. I ended up with some infinity speakers I got a good deal on.
              Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Working...
              X