Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swollen ankle

Hi guys,

I'm going to make an appointment with the doc on this but I wanted to see if anyone has a thought about what might be going on.

I wear a knee brace on my right leg. It is one of those Mueller brace with springs on the sides and elastic cuffs. It has a hole for the knee cap. It is very effective in keeping my knee from popping when I walk. If I walk without it I have pain in my knee, but with it I can to 10 miles or more on my treadmill with no issues.

However now I've got swelling in my right ankle. There is absolutely no pain and I haven't twisted it or had any history of issues with it. Again, I'm walking about 10 miles a day with no pain on it. The only thing I'm wondering about is if the knee brace is cutting off blood circulation a little. The swelling does appear to go down a little after 8 hours of sleep but not completely. There are absolutely no problems with my left knee or ankle.

Do you guys have any thoughts on it?

I think the most obvious explanation is usually the correct one. If you went a couple days without the brace and the swelling went away, I'd guess you were right.

Have you tried Glucosamine with Chondroitin for joint lubrication yet? Helped a ton with my knee post surgery. I still take it on a daily basis. Not what your thread is about, but maybe it could help.

-Jonny
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

More than likely your brace is actually too small and causing the edema. As well, you should see a doctor and mention this, but I'm wondering what was the initial problem that caused the knee popping, and have you looked into those bands that you put at the bottom of your knee? I think they are called patellar band or chopat strap.

Just go to the doc and have them check both the knee and ankle out, problem will be solved quickly

Comment

Originally posted by CrackTheSky View Post
        More than likely your brace is actually too small and causing the edema. As well, you should see a doctor and mention this, but I'm wondering what was the initial problem that caused the knee popping, and have you looked into those bands that you put at the bottom of your knee? I think they are called patellar band or chopat strap.

Just go to the doc and have them check both the knee and ankle out, problem will be solved quickly
        I think you may have nailed it. U left an ace bandage on my ankle overnight and the swelling was gone. I'm now using an ace bandage on my knee so I can better control the pressure. Today I'll look into those straps you mentioned.

I need to find another knee doctor. The one I went to before told me that I would correct my issues with specific exercises. I have done the work but haven't seen any results. I can walk and even run if I have a brace on but I want to get this damn thing fixed..

Comment

Working...
        X