Dallas Metal and Scrap Yards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Metal and Scrap Yards?

Where are you guys getting metal to do fabrication work with? My grandpa has a massive heap of scrap that I rummage through. I went to American Iron off where 45 and 35 meet today looking for some small angle iron that was used but they only had the small stuff brand new. It was only 11$ bucks for 20 feet but I'd still like to find some places to get good reusable scrap iron cheap.

I would investigate metal supermarkets, I think they have a location out by you.

There's a place by me, in Saginaw called - Discount metals, I think they have more than one location, may be worth a shot.

Comment

For used I usually find what I need at Garland Steel. For new I have used Metal Supermarket a lot. They alway have a good selection of drops cheap.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
      54 Olds 88 2dr HT
      12 Camaro SS convertible

Comment

there's Liberty Metal in W. Dallas off Singleton. pretty good on prices and decent selection.
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Would these places have pipe as well? I need a place that I can get pipe and angle iron for some skate projects early next year.

Comment

It's probably too far for Blue88 but Chili may be interested.

I use WestTex Iron and Metal for my new/used/scrap material. They are in Fort Worth on Main street near La Grave Field.

Scrap metal runs 30 to 40 cents a lb and used is about 80 cents. I've been able to find everything I need in scrap.

As Brooks stated, Discount metal is good for new material and I also have have good luck with Norton Steel in N FTW off 820.

Comment

Originally posted by homealone View Post
              It's probably too far for Blue88 but Chili may be interested.

I use WestTex Iron and Metal for my new/used/scrap material. They are in Fort Worth on Main street near La Grave Field.

Scrap metal runs 30 to 40 cents a lb and used is about 80 cents. I've been able to find everything I need in scrap.

As Brooks stated, Discount metal is good for new material and I also have have good luck with Norton Steel in N FTW off 820.
              I'm probably going to stick to new on the pipe but don't really care on the angle iron. Thanks!

Comment

Liberty Metal has pipe.
                --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Mentioned already... Garland Steel on Dallas Side

WesTex on Ft Worth

Comment

Working...
                  X