Licensing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Licensing

Any alternatives to taking the 200.00 safety course? I am being told there is no way to get the M endorsement without completing the course.

I am seriously considering using my firends address in AR and getting it through them and then transfering it to Texas, if it's even possible.

i believe you can schedule an appointment to take the drivers test. if you have or know somebody that is willing to let you use their bike for the test. and be insured of course....

the deputy will follow you around the neighborhood and tell you when to turn. I think you would still need to take the computer exam.

I know they used to be able to do it that way at least....
    Originally posted by mutherjuggz
    That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

I went the other day, been riding for a long time, but no texas m-class and tired of not being legal. They told me that the MSF's MSC is now a requirement for everyone, so I'll be taking mine soon.
      Last edited by VaderTT; 06-01-2011, 12:41 PM.
      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
        i believe you can schedule an appointment to take the drivers test. if you have or know somebody that is willing to let you use their bike for the test. and be insured of course....

the deputy will follow you around the neighborhood and tell you when to turn. I think you would still need to take the computer exam.

I know they used to be able to do it that way at least....
        Thats the way I did it way back. Now they require the MSF course.

Comment

Thanks guys, looks like AR is the only alternative. :P

Arkansas just wants a written exam then they will let you ride around the parking lot to prove you know how to handle it and then your endorsed.

200.00 for someone who has thier own bike is bullshit, it is extortion.

Comment

Originally posted by noshine4mine View Post
            Thanks guys, looks like AR is the only alternative. :P

Arkansas just wants a written exam then they will let you ride around the parking lot to prove you know how to handle it and then your endorsed.

200.00 for someone who has thier own bike is bullshit, it is extortion.

I would say it was Coercion, but its still B.S. I've found places that do the class in 1 day and for around $145, though.
            Ded

Comment

are you sure you have to take the safety course ?
              when did they start in with that shit?

i just went up and did the ride around thing with the instructor . Easy as pie. just go slow as all heck, and signal rediculously obvious or he'll miss them

Comment

Yes you used to be able to do the dmv ride test and written test and good. But I believe last year they passed the law making it mandatory to take the rider saftey course. It is bullshit in my opion but no way around it.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                  I would say it was Coercion, but its still B.S. I've found places that do the class in 1 day and for around $145, though.
                  How long is the one day class? Was this in Dallas metroplex area? I am in Pittsburg, Longview is probably my closest location.

Comment

How long is the one day class? Was this in Dallas metroplex area? I am in Pittsburg, Longview is probably my closest location.
                    I know there are some in that price range here in dallas area. Not sure about out in east texas. Normally classes are on weekends and are two 8 hour days. A great way to spend a weekend and pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                      Thats the way I did it way back. Now they require the MSF course.
                      Thanks for the info. Now I know that they dont do it anymore. I didnt realize its been that long since I got my license. I took the course but one of our instructors told us that was another option years ago....
                      Originally posted by mutherjuggz
                      That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

Working...
                      X