Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's ALIIIIIIIIVE !!! Dad's coupe RUNS !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ALIIIIIIIIVE !!! Dad's coupe RUNS !

My dad has been building this car since 1992. Some of you guys are familiar with it, and some of you have seen it in person.

It's a 1932 Essex-Terraplane 5 window coupe.

The engine is a 10:1 400 SBC, AFR 195cc aluminum heads with 2.02/1.6's, Lunati 292 cam, and 3 dueces. He blocked off the front and rear carbs to make it easier to break the cam in, and get some run time on the engine. Super T-10 4 speed with Centerforce dual friction clutch/pressure plate in a Lakewood scattershield, and Ford 9" rear end round out the rest of the drivetrain.

I've posted a couple pictures on here, and have quite a few more if anyone is interested.

-Aaron

Cool man!

Comment

Originally posted by STFU View Post
      Cool man!
      I was jumping up and down and laughing like a kid when he busted it off and ran for the first time !! :biggrin:

I'm still smiling thinking about it !

Comment

very nice!

Comment

not sure why you'd run a flat tappet cam on a build like that, but I freakin' love the car
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

That my people is "dirty early iron"!

Congrats man, post more pics.
            Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

very cool. Well done
              Originally posted by Baron
              If I dissagree with you, it is because you are wrong.

Comment

That is bad ass Aaron!

Marcus
                '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  not sure why you'd run a flat tappet cam on a build like that, but I freakin' love the car
                  What would you run, Forrest ?

Hydraulic flat tappet cams are pretty user friendly, and the old man plans on getting out and stretching the legs on this car. He's already planning a trip to Florida to see a buddy he was in the Air Force with. And of course we're going to take a couple weeks to slowly make our way to Bonneville for Speed Week.

I'll post some pictures tomorrow, Bryan. Off to bed I go so I can get up early and go to hell, er, work.

-Aaron

Comment

Very nice car indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by CRASH View Post
                      What would you run, Forrest ?
                      roller... with the cost of fuel these days, the gas burnt on break-in would damn near pay for the difference in cost! LOL

ok, not really... I'm just a spoiled kid who grew up on SBF roller motors... granted, the ~15 vehicles I've owned and put hundreds of thousands of miles on over the past decade were all flat tappet, but they were that way when I got 'em

I probably would have done an street grind solid roller if it was in the budget

Comment

I'd go hydraulic roller on a car just to cruise, but that car looks fun as shit! Tell your pops congrats!

Comment

on a SBC, you can go solid for the same price as hydro... a street solid will make more power with the same drivability or the same power with better drivability and won't wipe out springs

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            on a SBC, you can go solid for the same price as hydro... a street solid will make more power with the same drivability or the same power with better drivability and won't wipe out springs
                            Ya, I'm just another spoild SBF roller guy as well

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X