sound processor questions, EW help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound processor questions, EW help!

Just got the wife a new car. Factory stereo leaves something to be desired. I would like to retain the factory headunit. What kind of realistic audio quality gains can I expect by adding a sound processor and a small but decent 4ch amp to power the factory speakers?

New speakers and amp will sound much better than the $3 factory speakers. Some systems use a lot of processing to make their speakers sound at least halfway decent. That is when you need an audio processor to undo what the deck is doing. Otherwise, a good electronic line output converter will do the job and some amps like JL don't need an LOC. I can put a RTA on the speaker wires from the factory deck and see what the signal looks like and give you some options. More power and better speakers will sound better!

Comment

I need to come see you. I am trying to keep this as cheap as possible but still go with quality stuff. I think the speakers are the same as the upgrade package its just the deck that is different.

Comment

if you do decide to use a sound processor I would recommend the Rockford 360.2 used one before and it was freaking sweet, or may also want to look into the JBL ms8

Comment

Working...
        X