Opinions on a 06 gsxr750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on a 06 gsxr750?

Like it? Hate it? Tell me what you know about em.

after reading the reviews and shopping for bikes, I really didn't see how you could go wrong on the newer gsxr 750's.
    go for it.
    I would read up on reliability / mechanical and such.
    sounded like some pretty high tech engines....from what i read.
    as usual , get one WELL maintained and low miles if possible.

Comment

Just looking at one for a leisure bike with part time track duty. not interested in stunting it or anything this go round.

Comment

who said anything about stunting?

anyways the only complaints I ever read about it was that it had cramped ergonomics.
        Which honestly didn't seem that important to me on a sport bike, they're all cramped

Comment

Brien just bought one or an 07, can't remember. I have a poor memory on these things.

Futant, he was explaining what he plans on using the bike for not necessarily putting words in your mouth.
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

i think the 06/07 are the same model.. i'll check with Brien. Hoping I can get this thing and track it out without feeling bad if i crash it.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
              i think the 06/07 are the same model.. i'll check with Brien. Hoping I can get this thing and track it out without feeling bad if i crash it.
              There is an 06 GSXR I believe that is already track equiped ie no mirror, lights etc on CL. It looks clean beyond that but not sure how street legal it will be. I think the guy was looking at getting $3500 obo. Ill see if I can find the link.

I forgot it has a salvaged title though and it is a 600 but here it is if you're interested.

Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Ya i saw that yesterday, but really trying to make this all happen without tossing any cash around. the guy i got some ski parts from a few months ago saw my post on the pwc site and messaged me about a 750 he's picking up with his jet ski money, and offered a trade.

As long as the bike is clean and straight, i'll probably do it. don't forget i only traded my 04 600rr for both these skis, so if i can get another bike out of the ski, then i got one ski, a trailer, and a bike upgrade..fo free!

Comment

is it just me or what ?
                  I always thought a liter bike would be the way to go at the track. I mean you got a huge amount of room and more power for the straights.

but then my buddy (who only really does track) said a liter bike ISN't better for the track and he even just bought one (2010 R1) . He said a 600 is where it's at.

Whats the deal? I didn't think the minor difference in weight would affect the handling significantly . He was talking about how a liter is great on the street as you can stick in the torque etc. and I can see that being handy not having to rev the piss out of it.
                  ive always thought a 600 was acceptable on the street though just cause you don't always have a good place to go all that fast or safely.

I was just confused at how the 600 works out better at the track.
                  Is it that you can roll on the throttle in the turns better , WITHOUT upsetting the balance of the bike leaned over?
                  never had a liter bike so I don't know if kicking the rear out is a BIG problem or still manageable in a turn. 750 would be a nice compromise, like the reviews all said.

Comment

Ya i saw that yesterday, but really trying to make this all happen without tossing any cash around. the guy i got some ski parts from a few months ago saw my post on the pwc site and messaged me about a 750 he's picking up with his jet ski money, and offered a trade.

As long as the bike is clean and straight, i'll probably do it. don't forget i only traded my 04 600rr for both these skis, so if i can get another bike out of the ski, then i got one ski, a trailer, and a bike upgrade..fo free!
                    Have I told you I am accepting donations?

Comment

The '06 GSXR is a nice bike. Get some fork extenders, cartidges for the front forks, and a good rear shock and you have a competent track/street ride.

Originally posted by futant View Post
                      is it just me or what ?
                      I always thought a liter bike would be the way to go at the track. I mean you got a huge amount of room and more power for the straights.
                      On a track you spend far less time at full throttle than you can on the street.
                      Liter bikes have a greater inertia due to the heavier crank and they are harder on tires. And track tires are $$.

Comment

Originally posted by futant View Post
                        is it just me or what ?

but then my buddy (who only really does track) said a liter bike ISN't better for the track and he even just bought one (2010 R1) . He said a 600 is where it's at.

Whats the deal? I didn't think the minor difference in weight would affect the handling significantly . He was talking about how a liter is great on the street as you can stick in the torque etc. and I can see that being handy not having to rev the piss out of it.
                        ive always thought a 600 was acceptable on the street though just cause you don't always have a good place to go all that fast or safely.

I was just confused at how the 600 works out better at the track.
                        Is it that you can roll on the throttle in the turns better , WITHOUT upsetting the balance of the bike leaned over?
                        never had a liter bike so I don't know if kicking the rear out is a BIG problem or still manageable in a turn. 750 would be a nice compromise, like the reviews all said.
                        Most people are in over their head with a 600 on the track, liter is even worse.
                        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

06/07 750's REALLY like same generation 600 cams.
                          pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Mainly only the color schemes are different.

2006 GSXR 600
                            Overall Height: 1135 mm (44.7 in)
                            Fuel Tank Capacity: 17 L (4.5 gal)
                            Colors: White/Blue, Red/Black, Black/Gray, Silver/White

2007 GSXR 600
                            Overall Height: 1125 mm (44.3 in)
                            Fuel Tank Capacity: 16.5 L (4.4 gal)
                            Colors: Blue/White, Red/White, Black/Matte Black, Blue/Black

Comment

Originally posted by Grape View Post
                              06/07 750's REALLY like same generation 600 cams.
                              Ain't nobody on this site eva' gonna pull a valve cover on a sportbike.

Good to know though, what about on the 08/09 750? Same thing apply?

They look so much better to me. I wouldn't mind having one.
                              US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                              X