Body By Science Big 5 work out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body By Science Big 5 work out?

A budy at work has started doing this. Anyone heard of it or use slow reps in their work outs? Pros, cons, etc?
    The way he explained it to me is, it's 20sec per rep x 6 reps with the heaviest weight you can manage, once per week. Sounds like a brutal 2min if you do it right, but is it enough?

-Jonny
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

LOL, slow motion lifting!
    Talk about shaking like a mofo.

Comment

Sounds like a lot of patience that I don't have.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

In Arnold's Bodybuilding book, he mentions the validity of a one set system, but doesn't really go into any sort of detail. I found it interesting and may give it a shot when it's time to change things up again, but I'd probably come back to my modified Body for Life routine...

-Jonny
        2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
        '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
        '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

There are tons of good workout programs out there...you just have to find one that works best for you is all.
          I love changing up my routines.

Comment

To build on stangins comments...the best weight routines are changing routines. However there will be constants. While I would never do a full workout of slow reps, negatives, or any other time controlled reps...I nearly always do a set or ending rep of pause sets or a similar variant.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
              There are tons of good workout programs out there...you just have to find one that works best for you is all.
              I love changing up my routines.
              This!

Comment

Working...
              X