Awesome Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome Music

I'd like this thread to be about bands that you listen to, that aren't really well known that might appeal to a larger crowd than genre specific(texas music, metal) thread.

Geor! is the only one that I've heard say they've heard of this band. He gave their early music the semi-ok. This is from their latest album "Sound Awake" and if you like TOOL, this band would probably be something you'd be interested in.

"Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

The Felice Brothers are good, mellow listening. It's Americana/folk and easy to tap a toe to.

The lead singer kind of sounds like Bob Dylan but you can hear the annunciation which is nice.

An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

And I don't want to spam the thread but I've gone to The Polyphonic Spree's Christmas show since I was in middle school.

Here's a pretty cool cover or Nirvana's "Lithium"

... and I'm done.
      An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea whose time has come.

-Victor Hugo

Comment

As a self admitted Tool-a-holic, I gotta say, I didn't dig that. I'll listen to some other of their songs just to give them a fair shot though

Comment

One guy I really like that I don't hear much about is Bob Schneider. I got into his music after seeing him live in CA but I guess he's from Austin. His music is pretty varied but it's a mix of funk, country, rock, and folk. Here's a couple of his song's from his 'I'm Good Now' album.

Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              I was waiting for this song to get good, it didn't.

Comment

I really like Dr. Dog

Comment

Really diggin' the Dr. Dog, unfortunately the album sounds nothing like that. Actually, looks like I've got other albums to try.

For the singer/song writer types: J. Tillman, he's the drummer to the Fleet Foxes and has his own solo thing going. Got to see him live at a tiny coffee shop in Austin.

On a more folky note, this song has been on repeat for the past week. Fistful of Mercy, it's Ben Harper's new band.

And on a completely different vain, Girl Talk just released a new album and you can download it off their site for free. He's the best mash up artist out there, imo.
                  Last edited by exlude; 11-23-2010, 07:55 PM.

Comment

And how do I fix that...?

Comment

Local guy from Fort Worth

Comment

Comment

Damien Jurado performs "Cloudy Shoes" live for KEXP from the Caffe Vita Bean Room during Capitol Hill Block Party. Recorded 7/25/10.

Comment

Originally posted by exlude View Post
                            Really diggin' the Dr. Dog, unfortunately the album sounds nothing like that. Actually, looks like I've got other albums to try.
                            Yea that song stands out quite a bit but their style is more like the Beatles, even down to the Lo-Fi recording style.

Comment

This is one of my favorite bands of the last couple of years - Wolfmother:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3afXXsJwYZo

I tried to embed it, but I couldn't get it to work!

Comment

Working...
                              X