My .300 Blackout upper with pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My .300 Blackout upper with pics

So I finally got everything in, put it together and made a range trip to test it out. I'm waiting on my Spike's Tactical zombie lower and this will become my zomie/pig killer.

Here's all that went into it:
    Del-ton upper
    Spike's Tactial chromed BCG
    CMMG barrel with pistol length gas system, micro gas block and 1:8 twist
    DPMS carbon fiber free float tube
    Troy Claymore muzzle brake
    Bushnell Trophy XLT 4-9x40 scope

Here's a few pics of it on my RRA lower that I used to take it to the range and an OK 5 shot group @ 100 yds. I only put 50 rounds through it today but it ran with no issues.

Overall I'm pleased and can't wait to go try and slay some hogs later this month with it. Not bad for spending about $800 for this mutt including the scope IMO.

Last edited by 94StangFiveO; 06-10-2011, 09:12 PM.

What ammo did you use?
    "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... one is by the sword... the other is by debt." John Adams 1826

Comment

Originally posted by Homemade View Post
      What ammo did you use?
      For the target pictured, Corbon 150 grain soft point (.300 whisper)

I used Remington .300 BLK 220 grain OTM that 4 grouped tighter but I had a flyer. They ran pretty good but there definitely was less recoil with the 220.

Comment

What length is that barrel? And have you consider hand loading for it?
        "There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation... one is by the sword... the other is by debt." John Adams 1826

Comment

16" and yeah I'm putting funds together to buy the equipment. I kinda blew my budget on a new lower.

Comment

I blew my budget on a new refrigerator, trip to Galveston, and a Lee hand press and .223 dies.

When things return to normal I will hopefully have made up my mind on whether I want to go AR pistol or Rifle length on my build. I am still leaning toward both, but "mamma wants a new pair of shoes"

Comment

I need to get a press and dies and All the other stuff soon so I can shoot this one and my other ones more. I hopefully will have it within the next month.

Comment

Working...
              X