Convert to Electric Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Convert to Electric Radiator

It seems that there was little enough interest my classified post (on the defunct site) looking for a stock fan/fan shroud that I am now considering the electric fan option.

Is the overflow tank required? If yes, does anyone know if there an electric fan that will accommodate the stock overflow tank?

Originally posted by Stangs 4 Life
    It seems that there was little enough interest my classified post (on the defunct site) looking for a stock fan/fan shroud that I am now considering the electric fan option.

Is the overflow tank required? If yes, does anyone know if there an electric fan that will accommodate the stock overflow tank?
    Yes you'll need the overflow tank. Im not sure what options you have for mounting it.

Comment

Just received this from Late Model Restoration. Will install this weekend and the instructions are pretty staightforward. Even though it is not listed or mentioned in the product description, there is a mounting bracket for the stock radiator overflow tank.

Comment

Send that back and go find a Lincoln MK VIII fan. Upgrade to a 3g alternator. Then you'll want a nice variable controller like the examples below. That setup you bought looks like crap. Coolant overflow is easy. So many options from plastic tanks to recirculating aluminum pieces.

Comment

I used a contour fan with a Dakota Digital controller. I think I have a write up I can post here if you would like.

Comment

I have a contour dual fan set up also. works very well.
            --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Stangs 4 Life View Post
              Just received this from Late Model Restoration. Will install this weekend and the instructions are pretty staightforward. Even though it is not listed or mentioned in the product description, there is a mounting bracket for the stock radiator overflow tank.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ectric-Fan-Kit
              That fan only pulls 2800cfm tops, so it is probably okay for stock to very mildly modified cars with the heat we get around here in the summer.

Comment

Nice screename!

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                  Yes you'll need the overflow tank. Im not sure what options you have for mounting it.
                  I have this

I used it on my old set so I have no need for it
                  Give me $20 and pick it up or $30 shipped ( i take paypal)
                  1967 Mustang Fastback - 5.0 32V Stroked Teksid - Supercar GT heads - MARCELLA Billet intake -
                  - Twin Precision 6766 Turbo set up - BigStuff3 - AMS1000 - Built GM 4l80e - Art Morrison Chassis
                  - Sparco Milano Leather Seats- Forged 18" wheels - 29" M/T tires + A/C & heat!

1991 TT Mod Foxbody Coupe- Build thread... http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=422864

Comment

Working...
                  X