I'm ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ready

TO PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE NATION OF PUMP! (KOTH)

So yeah, I was working out for a while but quit cause the gym was too far. A little gym just opened up by the house and I just singed up. So what kinda supplements should I start?
    .....bro....

Depends on age, goals, current body comp...etc. Everyones got a story...tell us about yourself.

The only supp I take is protein. But you will have a big blend of recommendations from this group.

Comment

I was just planning on a protein too but which one? Alright let's see......
      I'm 28.
      5 11".5
      188 lbs
      I love burgers, Jazz music and long walks on the beach.
      I plan on bulking up.
      .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
        I was just planning on a protein too but which one? Alright let's see......
        I'm 28.
        5 11".5
        188 lbs
        I love burgers, Jazz music and long walks on the beach.
        I plan on bulking up.
        I like optimum nutrition but others have mentioned good things about XF or something like that.

I don't know that I'm the best to help you on bulking...I have bulked in the past but currently my focus is on getting lean. There is the obvious hormonal answer for bulking, or you can do it the hard way like most of us. I believe FunFordCobra and Stangin4life will also have good knowledge on the subject. Greg is good as well. Are you also wanting workout input or do you know what to do there? Where is your gym?

I am pretty close to your stats:

5'10 @ 180lbs

Here's a pic from earlier tonight to give you an idea of what type of build I work towards:

My primary goals now are simply to bulk my arms from about 16.5/17" to 18" and to actually get some damn abs.

Comment

My gym is in seagoville. Where's yours? As for work routine, I'm just gonna go with what I remember when I used to do it but I'm open to suggestions. Yeah, I just want to bulk up for now and don't mind putting in the work but if theres an easy way I'd still like to know of it. I used to look like your pic then I started working 12s and kids. I want to fit a work out in between work and school. I would love to have a spot but I live too far...
          .....bro....

Comment

First of all, you're not ready if your first question is "what supplements should I take?" I say go to the gym 10 days in a row, then you'll be ready whether you want to be or not. Supplements aren't the magic ingredient. Dedication is. If you leave the gym once in any of those ten days and say to yourself "I should've done more" you're not ready.

If that happens, walk back in, and do what you should've done.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

^^^Meh...some of us don't have enough hours in the day to work out to a point of exhaustion...I ALWAYS wish I had more time to do more

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                ^^^Meh...some of us don't have enough hours in the day to work out to a point of exhaustion...I ALWAYS wish I had more time to do more
                I didn't say how long he should be there. Your input is always welcome, but I think you read my post wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  I didn't say how long he should be there. Your input is always welcome, but I think you read my post wrong.
                  Probably...what do you mean to say?

Comment

I mean day to day, you put everything you have in to that hour or two that you're at the gym. That's it. Make the most of what you've got.

Comment

Oh I can put in the work, no doubt about it. I've been working out off and on for a while now but now that I have a gym closer, I plan on working out consistently.
                      .....bro....

Comment

You can't use the gym at St. Paul's?
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          You can't use the gym at St. Paul's?
                          Mucho far-o i can walk to this one. Cost a bit more but it's so close
                          .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                            Mucho far-o i can walk to this one. Cost a bit more but it's so close
                            You don't still work over there?
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Probably...what do you mean to say?
                              I mean to say that if you're really ready to change your life through fitness, supplements shouldn't be the first thing on your mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X