Sales Tax on ATV purhase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sales Tax on ATV purhase

Can someone help me? How do you claim ag exemption on ATV tax? We live on a farm and use the ATV daily to feed the bulls; however, we do not own the farm and last time we purchased an ATV they made us pay the tax.

Is it true if you buy the ATV out of state ( new or used) that you only have to pay to Title in TX and do not have to pay sales tax? I have heard people go to Oklahoma to do this.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

I really don't think anyone expects a title with an ATV. I personally just wouldn't mess with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
      I really don't think anyone expects a title with an ATV. I personally just wouldn't mess with it.
      If you buy from a dealer you have no choice.

We found one today and paid cash. Probably will never title it so I am not worried.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

If you buy out of state you wont have to pay sales tax unless you register it here in Texas.

Comment

if you buy out of state the dealer should just hand you the mso. and most any dealer here in the dfw will do a farm exempt if you register the quad to the farm address.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
            Can someone help me? How do you claim ag exemption on ATV tax? We live on a farm and use the ATV daily to feed the bulls; however, we do not own the farm and last time we purchased an ATV they made us pay the tax.

Is it true if you buy the ATV out of state ( new or used) that you only have to pay to Title in TX and do not have to pay sales tax? I have heard people go to Oklahoma to do this.

You just have to fill out a ag exp form at the dealership.
            Originally posted by The King
            I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

If you file a sheudle F on you tax return then take a copy of it with you to the dealer. Then you can get the atv without tax. I purchased a RZR like that.

Comment

Working...
              X