No turbos in Oklahoma True Ten 5 anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No turbos in Oklahoma True Ten 5 anymore

So Oklahoma True Ten 5 Hot Street use to allow 88mm turbo's. It was a class similar to our Tex275. With a few differences, they allow a 28X10.5W, 29.5X10.5(nonW), or 315/60 drag radials.
    With the use of an F1-R, nitrous, or an 88mm Turbo.
    So they have a race coming up on Saturday at Denton. However turbo's have been banned mid year.
    If you are a member of there site, don't ask why. Or they will ban you too.
    I went to there site to check what we would have to weigh for this weekend. Then I saw NO TURBO. I was like WTF, they allowed them last race? So I posted on the site, asking what happen? They replied "to much drama don't ask". Well I planned on racing, they were allowed at the last race on May 14.
    At that race they doubled the purse so it was 5k to win. This brought a lot of people out of the wood work. The class record before that race was 5.19. A turbo car came and ran 4.9's every pass. He almost won, so they banned turbo's. (That's my take on it, just my opinion)
    I asked what would happen if someone with an F1-R ran 4.9's?
    I mentioned in NMRA there is guys going 4.9's with an F1-R on 275 radials at the same weight. So the potential is there. So they banned me.
    Just thought you might want to know, if you were planning on racing with them.
    Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
    The daily: Sonic blue 03 Cobra with twins 1,063rwhp @ 25 psi
    The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.
    9.91@138.8 on 18's full weight with 750RW

I heard about this, all I can say is LOL!

Comment

There is a "discussion" about this on the tex275 board also.

Comment

I read all that too. It's a shame they didn't gather some info before outlawing all turbos.

Didn't the turbo car have Precisions x275 turbo? That thing bends to rules so much, all they had to do was outlaw it.

Comment

crazy

Comment

Like I said in the TEX275....... PUSSIES............. THATS WHY RACING IN THE EAST COAST IS WAY MORE EXCITING........
            sigpic

Comment

the little bit I heard about it was that there was going to be weight added to the turbo cars to try and slow them down so there nitrous cars could compete. Most of the turbo cars started a bunch of Sh#t and they said that they were to much problems and banned them.

This is just what i heard,
              True Street MotorSports
              901 N McDonald St Suite 100
              McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
              Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

Why not just make two separate classes if they have such an issue with it?

Comment

Originally posted by OsoSlow View Post
                  Like I said in the TEX275....... PUSSIES.............
                  I don't know if I would say that at all. At least they open the doors to just about any combo. Just use one of the allowed heads, there is many options.

That is a totally different story then to ban a power adder mid year. They should have done a little research and could have had even rules. In NMRA they allow large frame 85mm or mid frame 88mm against F1-R. Blower cars have won 2 of the 3 races and a turbo car has won 1.

They already have a nitrous only class in that organization.
                  Blue 99 cobra with flames 7.7@180, 4.9@146 in the 1/8 on 275 radials. Getting it done on a true 10.5" tire, with a 3.5" bore, 32 valves, and 4 cams.
                  The daily: Sonic blue 03 Cobra with twins 1,063rwhp @ 25 psi
                  The daily part 2: Kona Blue 2011 5.0 KB 4.2l KB, AR headers & midpipe, 25psi on E-85 900+RW thru the stock auto.
                  9.91@138.8 on 18's full weight with 750RW

Comment

I don't see the point of ever showing up and whipping the field by 3/10s, all it does is piss people off and get the rules changed.

Comment

He didn't show up beat them by 3/10. Runner up ran a 5.02 and a guy testing ran a 4.98 testing Friday night. Turbo car ran a 4.92 I think in the finals and lost to the 5.02.

To the one saying tex275 is pussy. Why don't you start your own class. I'm sure we can find rules you make and call your class for pussy also. Those heads have not been allowed in over 8 years in the class I'm pretty sure so why make a big deal now? Like manny said if you want to race read the rules build your car to them if you don't like them I guess you need to head out east to race

Comment

They're scared of turbo cars!

Comment

Pretty much

Comment

they never talked about adding weight. Odie banned turbos with surge holes and then the shit hit the fan that immediately put two guys out and Kit L also had already invested money in one of those turbos too. I don't think there would have been any problem if Odie would have just added weight.

He didn't research turbos or the little bit he did was just from his boys up there. He thought those guys were cheating with the surge holes and that his little tool couldn't measure the turbo so they took the cover off and the impeller measured 88mm. He said that was too big and that the housing was supposed to measure 88mm. Odie is a good guy and had good intentions but his hot head reacted too fast didn't research.

Like I said to him maybe one of these days he will settle down and allow us back in with weight added.
                            903-870-8109

Thank you:
                            2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
                            Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
                            Jimmy Patton for the pit help
                            Chris Fowler for the motor work
                            TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
                            NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
                            Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
                            Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
                            Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

I'll get hung, but I think Odie made a smart move. Flame away at me.

Comment

Working...
                              X