looking to buy used R1500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking to buy used R1500

I'm looking to buy a truck for my daughter who gets her license next month. She wants an '02-'05ish R1500. I don't know squat about them so I'm asking. Other than it will be 2wd and a V8 because I'll use it from time to time to tow a trailer is there a certain engine to avoid? any other particulars to stay away from that you guys know of?

Thanks up front for any input on a very vague question

AND NO, I'M NOT POSTING ANY NUDE PICS OF HER YOU PERVERTS

I'm not familiar with R1500 designation, are you refering to the Chevy/GMC half tons?

Comment

Dodge Ram 1500 1/2 ton

Comment

STAY AWAY FROM ANYTHING THAT IS DODGE AND HAS AN X.7 ENG.

Other than that, they are tolerable.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post

QFT!!! but be prepared for cheap plastic interiors and horrible mileage. better off with a chevy of the same vintage....

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post

Oh come on, the 6.7s aren't having many problems! 2.7, 3.7, 4.7 and 5.7 though yeah, run far away. Glad they don't have a 1.7, it'd be a pile of crap too.

Comment

The only Dodge truck I'd own would have a Cummins in it.

Comment

dodge=garbage. Ive never seen anything good they have produced other then their diesels. Just my opinion. Have fun with their electrical in those trucks. Ive heard of issues with the harness. Something along the lines of too small gauge of wire used resulting in fried rams.

Comment

Originally posted by noslow5_0 View Post
                  dodge=garbage. Ive never seen anything good they have produced other then their diesels. Just my opinion. Have fun with their electrical in those trucks. Ive heard of issues with the harness. Something along the lines of too small gauge of wire used resulting in fried rams.
                  Just take a look in any salvage yard. They are full of late-model rams, all burnt to a crisp.

Comment

Wow, tuff crowd. Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by mustgofaster View Post
                      Just take a look in any salvage yard. They are full of late-model rams, all burnt to a crisp.
                      I've seen more burned up 07+ Tahoes than all of the Dodge trucks combined. My store only dismantles 40-50 vehicles a month though.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        I've seen more burned up 07+ Tahoes than all of the Dodge trucks combined. My store only dismantles 40-50 vehicles a month though.
                        yeah but how many of those are "get of payment" fires versus vehicle fires? you guys must be lucky we do 200 a month and only get burned civics and envoy's...

Comment

Why not get her a cheap cummins? It'll get better mileage, pull better, and last longer. Also, you'll probably be able to sell it for what you have in it, when the time comes. Git-juan!
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by td4087 View Post
                            I'm looking to buy a truck for my daughter who gets her license next month. She wants an '02-'05ish R1500. I don't know squat about them so I'm asking. Other than it will be 2wd and a V8 because I'll use it from time to time to tow a trailer is there a certain engine to avoid? any other particulars to stay away from that you guys know of?

Thanks up front for any input on a very vague question

AND NO, I'M NOT POSTING ANY NUDE PICS OF HER YOU PERVERTS
                            And why would you have nude pics of your daughter to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
                              And why would you have nude pics of your daughter to begin with.

I thought of that after I posted it and was gonna edit it but so far everybody let it slide so I didn't want to draw attention to it by editing it.

Touche'

Comment

Working...
                              X