Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Buell back from the dead. - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buell back from the dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buell back from the dead.

The first production motorcycle from Erik Buell Racing has been officially announced with photos and full specifications. With 175 hp driving just 389 pounds (wet, no fuel) through the incomparable Buell chassis, EBR says “The 1190RS will shock even the most experienced sport bike rider with its performance, styling and handling”. This is a limited edition model (just 100 units), with an base MSRP of $39,999 (the carbon package adds $4,000). The good news is that this is just a start. Several other production models are planned . . . presumably, at more affordable prices. You can visit EBR’s website for details on ordering the bike. Here are the specifications for the 1190RS, followed by a video of an engine build and dyno test
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

$40k? Fml.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

As pictured it's 44k

Going to be some "normal" models coming too though. Kind like the 2-stroke style exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
        As pictured it's 44k

Going to be some "normal" models coming too though. Kind like the 2-stroke style exhaust.
        Oh yeah. That motherfucker doesn't have an ugly line on it, but EB has always pushed style. IMO, Harley always had too much say in how his bikes were made. I hope I hit the lottery here pretty soon.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

:: drool ::

Comment

i like it.

i'm guessing you can wait till they make a few bucks and release a non limited ed of the bike for $15k.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

That is a very sexy bike.

Comment

the can is fucking tits...

Comment

They're going to make more run of the mill models in the future.

Not that I can afford to spend 40K on a toy by any means, but I sort of like the idea of motorcycles priced above the means of the "jack-ass" crowd.

If the job I'm trying to land works out I might buy something kinda pricey next January or so. Not going to get my hopes up though.

Comment

Good for Erik Buell!

They finally got a decent motor and HD pulled the plug on him.

That 72* Rotax is a great engine!

Comment

Good for Mr. Buell, but $40k?

Comment

Originally posted by momostallion View Post
                        i like it.

i'm guessing you can wait till they make a few bucks and release a non limited ed of the bike for $15k.
                        That's about what they'll sell you a race prepped 1125RR for. Basically the same as the 1125R but with a chain setup, their race PCM, exhaust and fairings. It's not street legal though, the 1190RS is.

Geoff May (Buell's team rider) is turning faster lap times on that "street" bike than he did on last years full race DSB.

Yeah it's expensive but look at the components, everything on it is the best available. The 1198R is about the same price. They'll have less expensive models soon to compete with the RSV4 and RC8s. Buell obviously isn't going for the Japanese sport bike market, there is no way they'd be able to compete pricing wise.

This bike is the reason HD dropped the line. Erik wanted to build this bike the entire time along with the racing program. HD wanted to build everything on assembly lines and make as much profit as possible. I don't think they ever expected the bikes to be competitive on a track, much less completely dominate. Then again you could put Danny Eslick on a riding mower and he'd probably win Daytona.

Comment

Working...
                        X