Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nissan Frontier 06 egr?

Hey guys,
    Well I know this is a mustang forum but since the Nissan Forum sucks I thought I'd ask. My 06 Frontier has been running really bad. It goes from smooth to shit in about 2 seconds. Stuttering engine, really bad idle, etc. I had it diagnosed as an 02 sensor. It was replaced and ran fine for a day but now is acting up again. I'm thinking egr valve instead of 02 sensor. However I am curious if all the 02 sensors could go out at once? I don't want to replace all of them if it could be one, or none of them if it's the EGR. So does anyone have any experience with this?

there was a problem with the cats on the frontiers if i recall correctly.

god bless
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Will def check into that. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Checked some stuff online. And found out that there is a recall for the IPDM module. If you have a Titan, Armada, Frontier, and some other models I can not recall there is a recall that has just begun for December 2010. Called and scheduled mine.

Comment

There a CEL on?

Comment

Yes, CEL popped on and truck started running really rough, felt like arcing spark plug wires or something. I left it for a day and it started up fine, but by that night it started all over and has progressed to the point to where it will only go a mile or 2 before crapping out. I ended up taking it to the shop and was told it was a bad 02 sensor. I had that replaced and the truck did not last the day. The shop said that they had to work back from the sensor and I told them I'd figure it out. I thought it could be the cats, but then I read about this being an issue for many vehicles. So about a week after I paid for the sensor, Nissan announced their decision to do a voluntary recall. I called Don Davis and was told they would only tow a vehicle with up to 72,000 miles and that it was probably not the IPDM. Mine has 85,xxx miles What a bunch of crap! Nissan blows.

Comment

get it read and post up the p code.

Comment

Working...
              X