feeler: DFWMustangs group ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feeler: DFWMustangs group ride

Feeler to gauge interest on a group ride. If there is enough interested, maybe we can make it a quarterly event, possibly monthly.

I have a friend who will be in from contract work in Afghanistan mid July, and we are planning at least one ride down to Stevenville for some BBQ lunch. Anyone is welcome to come along, and it would make for a good first group ride.

I'd like some feedback on the cruiser/sportbike topic. I've owned both, and generally felt that they are both exclusive to preference of riding styles. I.E. A sportbike rider would take a twisty-turny at a lot different pace than a cruiser would. Is there a good median we can work with,or would two groups be more enjoyable for both type riders?

Post up ideas, etc. Maybe a mod can make this a sticky?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Originally posted by Baron View Post
    Feeler to gauge interest on a group ride. If there is enough interested, maybe we can make it a quarterly event, possibly monthly.

I have a friend who will be in from contract work in Afghanistan mid July, and we are planning at least one ride down to Stevenville for some BBQ lunch. Anyone is welcome to come along, and it would make for a good first group ride.

I'd like some feedback on the cruiser/sportbike topic. I've owned both, and generally felt that they are both exclusive to preference of riding styles. I.E. A sportbike rider would take a twisty-turny at a lot different pace than a cruiser would. Is there a good median we can work with,or would two groups be more enjoyable for both type riders?

Post up ideas, etc. Maybe a mod can make this a sticky?

Im in. Seems every since Jose and OC got out of the bike business, we have talked about a group ride out to hard8 and possibly dublin but never got it going. I dont care if its 3 of us or 30. I will show up if its a for sure thing.
    I wish I knew those roads out there. Thats the only reason I never tried to set up another one. It had some fun twisties.The last trip, everybody rode sensibly and didnt do anything to draw unwanted attention to us.

Folks out there were very friendly. When they saw us coming even if we werent speeding, they pulled over to the shoulder to let us by. Dont get any of that around here.
    Originally posted by mutherjuggz
    That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

I'm down. Just let me know.
      Owner of Titan Towing

We have your towing needs covered!
      http://www.titantowing.net
      -------------------------------

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle View Post
        I'm down. Just let me know.
        How are you liking that RC? Its a beautiful bike. After I sold my R1.. I couldnt decide between the TLR or the RC. It came down to after doing a long test ride on both.... The RC's seat is just to uncomfortable for me. Wish I could have found one when I bought my other TLR though to split seat time. It would be great to have one of each in the stable.
        That whole "making love" shit is for the birds. I won't get all graphic on my preferences, but if you can't knock the bottom out with a vengeance.... leave me alone

Comment

I freaking love it!!!! It is a bit uncomfortable for longer rides, but I plan on getting a corbin anyways. Otherwise its awesome! I had a battery issue the other night bc the positive cable was coming loose. After tightening it up, everything is fine.

On Saturday I'd like to change the oil and filter, coolant, and flush the brake (front and rear) and clutch reservoirs. This way I know everything is fresh and ready to go. Earlier this week I ordered a cowl cover for the rear seat and a double bubble windscreen. This will get me by for now. Next on the list is a power commander and a corbin seat. That will probably be early next year though b/c I've got a lot of money committed to personal stuff right now.
          Owner of Titan Towing

Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here to become a paid member!

Comment

I'm in, I'll probably have 3 others rolling with me.

Comment

I could see myself possibly doing another group ride....but lets not call this the FIRST one...that was with Jose, OC, Andy(4DRSS) with his sweet RC51, and a few others I can't remember. Gotta ride reasonably though because I don't need another repeat of the State Trooper/Waxahachie PD incident

Comment

im in, i just need a date, so i will know if im working or not

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  I could see myself possibly doing another group ride....but lets not call this the FIRST one...that was with Jose, OC, Andy(4DRSS) with his sweet RC51, and a few others I can't remember. Gotta ride reasonably though because I don't need another repeat of the State Trooper/Waxahachie PD incident
                  That reminds me, I found where Jose had mapped out that route on Google maps and it was still available online, I'll see if I can dig up the link in canada. It was a tear or two ago.

Would a Saturday or Sunday work out better for the majority? The last time I rode down around there was a sunday, and it was preety clear on the roads except for people headed to church.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Sunday for me. I can't do Saturdays at all.
                    Owner of Titan Towing

Comment

Sunday for me. I can't do Saturdays at all.
                      I think Sunday works best for me too.

Let's say a tentative date of July 17.

Comment

I'm down if I can get my bike back together in time.

Comment

It depends more on the person riding than the bike itself. I've ridden with people on cruisers that do crazier stuff than your average squid. I'd be interested in a group ride, I haven't ever really done one outside of toy runs.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            It depends more on the person riding than the bike itself. I've ridden with people on cruisers that do crazier stuff than your average squid. I'd be interested in a group ride, I haven't ever really done one outside of toy runs.
                            I've ridden with both, and when there is a large number of sportbikes, they tend to seperate from the pack. I rode once with about ten bikes, and the cruisers and a couple slower guys on sb, and they ended up lost.

Comment

I freaking love it!!!! It is a bit uncomfortable for longer rides, but I plan on getting a corbin anyways. Otherwise its awesome! I had a battery issue the other night bc the positive cable was coming loose. After tightening it up, everything is fine.

On Saturday I'd like to change the oil and filter, coolant, and flush the brake (front and rear) and clutch reservoirs. This way I know everything is fresh and ready to go. Earlier this week I ordered a cowl cover for the rear seat and a double bubble windscreen. This will get me by for now. Next on the list is a power commander and a corbin seat. That will probably be early next year though b/c I've got a lot of money committed to personal stuff right now.
                              AWESOME!! Hope we can hook up and ride soon. I used to ride with a buddy that had an RC and he would bring a work friend that had another TLR. It sounded great with the three twins going down the road.

I've ridden with both, and when there is a large number of sportbikes, they tend to seperate from the pack. I rode once with about ten bikes, and the cruisers and a couple slower guys on sb, and they ended up lost.
                              The last trip we did.... jose was up front with those of us that were running a little quicker, and OC stayed in the back with the slower paced people. But we always pulled over after a bit to wait up and make sure everybody was still with us. That seemed to work pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                              X