Gonna need a Sr Support Engineer soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna need a Sr Support Engineer soon

Place I work at will be needing a Senior Support Engineer soon. One guy is leaving and will need a replacement once we get all the approval shit out of the way.

Once I get a job description I'll post that, but basically you need some System Admin experience, (Windows, Linux, Unix), some DBA experience, (SQL, Oracle, DB2) and the ability to learn our software. This is NOT your basic run of the mill software you can go buy, it is BPM (Business Process Managment). We provide SW for clients to automate workflows for their business. If you know Java, XML, that is a big bonus.

Company has great benefits, 401K (traditional and ROTH), 3 weeks vacation for the 1st 5 years, then 4 weeks (accrues monthly), great health insurance, dental, vision, Stock plan (%15 discount), plus other shit. Located in Arlington. On call rotation (Starts Friday night thru Sunday Night) and get paid extra for on call, plus extra if called.

Company also has a referral program, so if I fill out the form and recommend you, we can get some cash if they hire you and you stay 90 days!

It's not an easy job, but if you have been a DBA or Sys Admin for at least 4 or 5 years, you probably have what it takes.

PM me with any questions, or post it here. Once I get the "offical" job description, I'll list it here also.

OK, corporate finally gave the go ahead to get a replacement for the guy who left. Below is the posting on our website...

Overview:
    TIBCO delivers the “Power of Now” with integration software that connects incompatible IT assets, process management software that orchestrates systems and people, and a range of other software products that enable the real-time processing and presentation of information. In forward-thinking IT departments around the world TIBCO is synonymous with extreme performance, scalability, and reliability. 47 of the world’s top 100 companies, including giants like Delta Air Lines, FedEx, Merrill Lynch, and Telecom Italia are TIBCO customers.

The Global Support organization at TIBCO provides technical Product Support services to our customers. We are looking for a Sr. Support Engineer to support the TIBCO ActiveMatrix BPM and TIBCO iProcess BPM suite of products.

Responsibilities:
    As a member of this world wide team, you will help debug and solve problems that may arise during the implementation of complex solutions by external and internal customers using our products.

•Provide phone/email/Webex consultation to debug customer problems
    •Utilize good communication skills (phone/email) to provide excellent support to the TIBCO customer base
    •Understand the problem reported by the customer and reproduce it locally within the support lab
    •Document problems accurately and completely, their solutions, and defects
    •Investigate and provide workarounds as applicable
    •Work with other teams within Support as required
    •Manage workload efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations professionally
    •Learn the technologies required for supporting the TIBCO products
    •Create KnowledgeBase articles (FAQ/Solutions) that provide repeat value to the TIBCO customer base
    •Mentor less experienced staff as appropriate

Qualifications:
    •5-8 years of relevant experience in a software technical position
    •Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
    •Programming/Support experience with Java or C
    •Unix and Windows administration and debugging experience
    •Experience with several of the following: J2EE, JMS, XML/XPATH, Web services, web development, app/web servers, networking, TCP/IP, HTTP, SOAP
    •Practical experience with Oracle or SQL server required
    •Enjoy working with people and a customer driven attitude is critical
    •Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent

Comment

Rob and I work at the same company, so you can contact either of us (we'll split any referral fee). Be aware that it can definitely be stressful, but the level comes and goes. We have a small private office with a great group of guys and a very relaxed dress code. We also have a stock of snacks/refreshments, a full kitchen, and even a Foosball table for a bit of stress relief.

I just wanted to add a few technical highlights to the above... Heavy SOA experience would be very good as this is the heart our new products coming out. DB2 knowledge, along with Oracle/SQL, would also be very valuable. You have to be able to handle some JavaScript/XPath/XML/WSDL. It's really a Jack of all trades type position, but we have a pretty tight knit group here. We're really good about supporting one another and acting as a team. You've got to be good at handling change and new technologies though.
      Whippled '06 by Gearheads - 474rwhp 450rwtq @ 10psi and a few other Borla/Steeda/BMR/CHE/Tokico mods...

Gearheads Dyno Video

Comment

TTT
        We may need 2 peeps also, anyone interested, or know someone who is?

Comment

Working...
        X