FSB visible with low power scope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSB visible with low power scope?

I have decided to go with the Burris AR-332 for my AR.

It's got an A2 FSB on it and I was wondering for those of you that have scopes on your ARs, when you have the power turned down to 3x can you see the FSB at all or is it invisible? I think if there is a ghost image it's going to annoy me, in which case I'll get a low profile gas block.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

I can't see the FSB on mine at all, on any power setting. It has the "F" marked A2 FSB.
    I have this scope:

on this mount:
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Flip sight or no Front sight FTW

Comment

YHM makes an integrated gas block/flip front sight that I have and love.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I guess I'll just have to wait until it comes and see. If I can't see it at all in the scope then I'll leave the FSB on. If I can see it then I'll probably get the gas block with the integrated flip up sight like Yale mentioned.
          One nice thing about the AR-332 is the reticle is etched in the glass so even if your battery dies you can still see it in black, just not illuminated.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
            I guess I'll just have to wait until it comes and see. If I can't see it at all in the scope then I'll leave the FSB on. If I can see it then I'll probably get the gas block with the integrated flip up sight like Yale mentioned.
            One nice thing about the AR-332 is the reticle is etched in the glass so even if your battery dies you can still see it in black, just not illuminated.
            You can get a riser for the Burris. Should sit well above the FSP then.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon-k View Post
              You can get a riser for the Burris. Should sit well above the FSP then.
              Here is a question. Won't raising the scope effect the bullet drop compensation? I would think that if you raise it up and zero for 100 yards then at longer distances it's going to shoot a little high.
              If you look at this page, it includes sight height with the results so I would think it comes into play.

Comment

Mounted the AR-332 today. Can barely see a ghost image of the FSB sometimes depending on how much light there is and where your eye is at. I don't think it's going to bother me.
                So far I'm impressed with it. The reticle and scope are very clear once I got the focus right and the illumination is plenty bright in full sunlight. Probably won't get a chance to test it out for a few weeks.

Comment

Working...
                X