Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Romo making a come back!

Romo working toward possible Week 16 return for Cowboys

It remains possible Tony Romo could return to quarterback the Dallas Cowboys this season should they continue their upward trend under coach Jason Garrett and quarterback Jon Kitna, the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported.

The thinking goes that if the Cowboys (3-7) continue to win, Romo could return for a Week 16 game against the Arizona Cardinals on Christmas night and the season finale against the Philadelphia Eagles the following Sunday. However, the next Cowboys loss likely extinguishes any remaining playoff hope. If that happens, the team might shut down Romo for the season.

Garrett said Romo, whom the team has not placed on injured reserve, has worked out diligently since breaking his left clavicle Oct. 25 against the New York Giants.

“He’s in early,” Garrett told the newspaper. “He’s in that training room at 7 a.m. every morning. And he’s in our meetings.

“Once we go out on the practice field they have a whole regimen for him to go through some different rehab stuff. He’s very much involved. The ideas keep coming, and he’s engaged with our football team.”

The Cowboys are 1-6 in games Romo has started and 2-1 in Kitna's starts.

"However, the next Cowboys loss likely extinguishes any remaining playoff hope."

god i hate cowboys fans.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I don't see why they would risk him when they aren't even going to be in contention to make the playoffs. Sure the guy wants to play, like every player does, but it would be stupid, IMO, to put him back on the field again this year. Just let Kitna keep playing and evaluate everything at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
        "However, the next Cowboys loss likely extinguishes any remaining playoff hope."

god i hate cowboys fans.
        Hahahaha!

Comment

If he came back in week 12 it would be different. Don't even bother.

Comment

No, No, No.

Nothing can be gained with him coming back to play this year. He needs to not play for the rest of the year. The Cowboys arent going to make the playoffs. They are going to have to win the division to make it, and I dont see them catching the Eagles. You dont want that shoulder to get injured again and be worse than it was.
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Working...
            X