Questions for morning cardio guys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for morning cardio guys...

Ok I need to get back into shape... im looking at some fat burners to take before my morning cardio workout.... back in the day i would have to take my meds, then wait about 30-45minutes before i could even work out.... is that still the case? I know that your body is still burning fat for up to 30 minutes after your workout so its best to wait 30min. after your workout to eat some breakfast. Is this still the correct procedure or am i over thinking this?

Thanks in advance for the help.

I can tell you what I do, but you may want to wait for one of the 10% body fatters to add in.

My morning runs....

I wake up
    Take a pre-workout supplement
    Eat a piece or two of bread
    -Prep to run..etc...etc
    Run
    Eat another small breakfast (by this time around 7 am)

It is my understanding that if you're doing a decent run (which to me starts at 30+ minutes) you need some food in your belly. Then all the small meals throughout the day keeps the metabolism going and energy up.

I maybe over simplifying it, but I'm not 100% confident in the nutrition side of it. I do what has worked for me and suggest it to others.

In short though, I see no benefits to not eating (light) before the run and after it. As long as it is decent portions and not like 4 eggs, bacon, sausage and all that jazz. Unless you're doing 26 mile runs.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I never workout on an empty stomach. I alway keep a protien bar or a banana with me for the times when I'm busy. Your body needs fuel to burn.

Comment

I don't eat anything, just wake up and run. There is a certain store of energy in your blood, once that is gone you are burning fat. I have tried eating stuff but it doesn't seem to make a difference in how far I can run. The only thing that helps me go further is plain old water. I don't do really long runs though, 5 miles at the most.
        Originally posted by racrguy
        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
        Originally posted by racrguy
        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          I don't eat anything, just wake up and run. There is a certain store of energy in your blood, once that is gone you are burning fat. I have tried eating stuff but it doesn't seem to make a difference in how far I can run. The only thing that helps me go further is plain old water. I don't do really long runs though, 5 miles at the most.
          x2
          I get a glass or 2 of water and head out when I run in the mornings. I've been doing 5-6mile mornings the last few weeks 2-3 times a week. From what I've put together, morning cardio on a fast (no food) at your VO2 max (able to carry on a normal conversation without gasping.) for 30+min with about an hour after, before eating breakfast, is the most efficient for fat burning.

I'm also looking into something called the Warrior Diet. Interesting: http://www.runningtimes.com/Article....rticleID=19425

-Jonny
          2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
          '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

ok well.... today was day one........ i didnt even wake up... man im a failure

Comment

Failure is the first step to success! The hardest thing about getting up early is the little voice. You have to decide the night before, get excited about getting out there and then, when you're alarm goes off, just get up! No debating, no rationalizing, it's just on the list. That's how I do it, anyway.
              2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
              '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
              '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Learn to enjoy your workouts, I actually look forward to mine daily!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
                  Failure is the first step to success! The hardest thing about getting up early is the little voice. You have to decide the night before, get excited about getting out there and then, when you're alarm goes off, just get up! No debating, no rationalizing, it's just on the list. That's how I do it, anyway.
                  Thanks for the positive outlook.... ill definitely give this a try.

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                  Learn to enjoy your workouts, I actually look forward to mine daily!
                  you know i did back in my lower 20's when i was a gym rat.... its just ive got too far to go now.... I know ill get there again.... its the start thats killing me.
                  Last edited by Randy; 06-29-2011, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Not trying to lose weight and I'm not going running with no liver glycogen stores so I'll have a banana and an orange on any morning run one hour or less and add a bottle of Ensure for more than an hour.

carb snack & coffee & big ass glass of water with NUUN tab
                    run
                    larger breakfast
                    bike
                    lunch, snack
                    swim
                    dinner
                    any strength training/streching
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

And so it begins...................... i woke up at 430 this am screaming in pain.... i had a really bad charlie horse in my calf...... couldnt even walk on it w/o it hurting for a while... never the less i knew if i didnt go ride this morning i would be a total failure... so i did my 30minutes of bike riding this am and i feel good. now to try and get some breakfast cause this cream of wheat crap sucks.

Comment

Good job man...once you get in the groove, this working out thing sure gets a lot easier!

Comment

Working...
                        X