Best grub in Keller/NFTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best grub in Keller/NFTW

Anyone have a partial dive in Keller/North Fort Worth that They absolutely dig. Partial to BBQ, Messican, steakhouse, burger joints.

Heck, even a decent Sushi place.

Comment

Steakhouse - H3 is decent but its in downtown.
      Sushi - Sushi Sams is pretty legit in Southlake, right off 1709.
      BBQ - Up in Smoke is the only thing I can think of which is eh.
      Burgerjoints - Nothing.
      Mexican - If your going to have anyone drink Baja off N Tarrant. Chueys or however you spell in downtown.

Comment

Baja grill...food is mediocre, frozen 'ritas are off the chain. Just east of N Tarrant and 377

Comment

Chef point cafe if you have never been! its off 377 and western center. really good chicken alfredo.

Mk's sushi off western center and 35. Love that place.
          Last edited by Craizie; 06-30-2011, 12:51 AM.

Comment

I'll second Chef Point. Been going there for years. Very good food, in a not so good atmosphere. If you go, get there early. The wait for a table can be quite long as the crowd starts to build. They were adding on to the building recently, but I think it ended up being a private banquet room instead of additional tables.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
              I'll second Chef Point. Been going there for years. Very good food, in a not so good atmosphere. If you go, get there early. The wait for a table can be quite long as the crowd starts to build. They were adding on to the building recently, but I think it ended up being a private banquet room instead of additional tables.
              For sure, if you get there right when they open.. no lines.. For years I wondered why the line was so long out of that conoco.

Comment

Up in smoke
                Chef point
                Celio's pizza

Comment

Chef's Point is great, and in Watauga. Fred's just opened up on Western Center, if it's the same menu as the original then he has everything from the best burgers in town to the best chicken friend steak.

Comment

You know ive lived in the NFTW/Keller area for a couple of years only things ive really found in my area have been Fuzzy's Tacos (dont get anything other than fried fish, fried shrimp), and a not so mexican mexican restaurant called Martha's (pretty good brisket tacos) Don Taco's is good too, as long as you tell them to make the tacos the mexican way then theyre awesome. And there's a place called Broasters chicken.... it takes about 10 minutes for your order but its fresh and super good chicken.

Comment

Los Mocajetes is pretty decent mexican food over off beach and western center. BBQ...not really anything great same with burgers. Besides Southlake the only sushi place i know of is in S Keller/Ft Worth of Beach and Basswood. Great pho but I haven't tried their sushi.

Comment

Also...there's a breakfast type joint on basswood and beach...our place or something like that. They always have some bomb ass pancakes if I'm ever up that early.

Comment

Mexican- Los Molcajetes @ Beach and Western Center

Asian- Tang's Pacific Bistro. Never had sushi, but heard it's pretty good there. Fortune Star Buffet on Central Drive, a block north of 183. Go on the weekends for lunch and it's only like $7.99 buffet, and delicious. They have sushi there, as well. VERY clean asian restaurant.

BBQ- Prairie House in Roanoke on 377 or Riscky's on 26 for chopped beef (6 for $5, I believe)

Burgers- ? OC Burgers on Western Center and 377 is the best in the area, but still not as great as everyone makes them out to be. I get the french toast platter with bacon and scrambled eggs, and it's always good. They have a new Kincaid's on Heritage Trace, but I haven't been there yet.

*Flip's makes a great "chicken chipotle" if you're familiar with the dish. They call it the Southwestern. If you like spicy food, check it out.
                          *C.P.C. has the best bang-for-buck chicken parmesan I've ever seen. A whole chicken breast (both sides) with an overflowing plate of noodles for like $11. Enough for 2 meals. They've also served me the worst hamburger I've ever attempted to eat...cookouts at the park included.
                          *Tang's is family-owned and operated, the owner is almost always there, and he's a great guy. Their food is pretty good all the way around.
                          *Prairie House is ~20 minute drive from us, but well worth it. Get the 3-meat barbecue plate with brisket, sausage, and bandidos. You won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                            Also...there's a breakfast type joint on basswood and beach...our place or something like that. They always have some bomb ass pancakes if I'm ever up that early.
                            Like every fucking day, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                              Burgers- ? OC Burgers on Western Center and 377 is the best in the area, but still not as great as everyone makes them out to be.
                              That place fucking SUCKS!!!!!!

Flips or mooyah for burgers.

Comment

Working...
                              X