How Much Is this Helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Is this Helmet?

What would you guys price this helmet at? It is like new - very minor scrapes/scratches and it smells like it is new. I am finding prices from $450 to 516 and I am not sure where mine falls into.

Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

If it was a Corsair, it would be one of the most expensive helmets on the market. Its a vector though, I've seen the same as you, 4-500$.

Are you trying to sell it?
    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
      If it was a Corsair, it would be one of the most expensive helmets on the market. Its a vector though, I've seen the same as you, 4-500$.

Are you trying to sell it?
      Yes.
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

The ones on craigslist that are price close to what they were in the store, don't sell right away. If it were me, I would start at $325 and say obo, but not take less than $275.
        My old x-11 never sold at $150. People on CL are lowballers.
        Ded

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
          The ones on craigslist that are price close to what they were in the store, don't sell right away. If it were me, I would start at $325 and say obo, but not take less than $275.
          My old x-11 never sold at $150. People on CL are lowballers.
          I just have it listed now with no price, so we shall see. With the exception of one or two small scratches it is a new helmet. People don't factor in tax when they buy new too. If it is 50 dollars less and you pay 25 in taxes that is a pretty good savings.

At any rate, I figured no price would trigger more responses. Thanks

Comment

Nice lid. I got mine for $325 new. I don't know too many people that buy used helmets, but if it were me, I'd have to be happy with $225 or so. GLWS.

Comment

The Vector 2 is out and that's discontinued. Not sure how many are still available, but they were being sold at $370 retail when tucker was closing them out.

The visor was ~90retail when it was new, but you can find them on ebay now for 30-40.

Some people might be picky about the date of manufacture. On those helmets it's on the right strap and it sometimes rolls up in the leather. It will be XX/XX. Some trackday/racing organizations won't let you pass tech with an old helmet (don't remember the age, but it used to be ~no older than 4 years or maybe 5). They might be more stringent since the 2010 standards, but I'm just guessing.

Most people buying a used helmet won't know any of that. You could probably get a couple hundred bucks for it on ebay, but you would probably do better locally selling it to an idiot and knocking their head off.
              US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I'll give you $50 bucks cash and a Dr. Pepper for it.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I would be cautious about selling a used helmet also but this thing was bought new with a brand new bike and the bike has 1900 miles on it. It has barely been worn.

I would be happy with $300 and that comes with another (clear) visor with a small section of scratch the size of a dime.

One thing I don't get is the receiving snap seems to be missing? There are no cuts, tears or anything. The actual snap on the strap is still there and also no cuts or tears but the receiving snap near the loops is missing. wtf?

Comment

Working...
                  X